• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Feeling ambivalent, but how are you feeling as a shrimper?

Multi year slow motion car crash.. finally cut out of the wreck
Massive optimism about the future ..
Late to the new season
Then of course a few main players leave .
COSU discover their foot is still stuck in the now burning wreck
So many things to be sorted out at the ground
Must have patience………
Things are getting better

Then

Totally get the hump after it takes 3 minutes to get a cross in
Think about getting blood pressure pills after the 15th pass back to Colin.
Passing back to Colin from a corner

I think that sums it up for me. Roll on ‘Saturday

I’m still feeling positive about the future. When the season began I didn’t have hopes of promotion to be honest, it felt like we’d missed the boat on transfers and would have to make do with 2nd or 3rd choice players and temp cover. That’s no disrespect to anyone we signed.

I guess I feel pretty cr4p about the stick the team have had recently, no one wants it to be that way. We all need to be a bit patient but I know that’s not how football forums work 😂🤣. Be good to see that kept online and when we’re in the ground, nothing but support for them. Last season I felt our support won us points at home by driving them on and intimidating the opposition - that night against Chesterfield for example. We need that back.

Anyway - already looking forward to when we get Miley, Waldron, Coker and Taylor all back and we begin to click and work our way up the table. It’s happening!!

I’ll be honest, I’m disappointed. I’m equally disappointed in myself for feeling that way.

I got my hopes up and thought we’d really kick on and we have had glimpses of doing that (Eastleigh at home for example) and then they’re dashed by games like Flyde away.

I feel we’ve got another two years or so at this level and the sooner I learn to accept our inconsistency the better.

I haven’t actually used my season ticket this season yet. Some personal difficulties are involved in that, but also I think the last few years have really hit my connect with the club which has made not being there slightly easier. From going to every single game year on year, league, cup, JPT or whatever, I think I went 6 times last season. Years of sheer mental torture from what went on have had a lasting effect on many of us I think.

Sorry to hear about the personal stuff Andy! But the other half of the post I can totally relate to. My connection with the club on an emotional level isnt what it was, say 5/10 years ago. Total disillusionment, apathy and having 2 young kids being more important has brought that along. But also COVID. I realised during that time I didn’t miss going. Had things been going better on and off the pitch, that emotion could be different, but with how bad things were, we weren’t exactly missing much let’s be honest.

I’m starting to enjoy going again my eldest but this season was always going to be important about what happens OFF the pitch, rather than necessarily ON it. It’s now about the club rebuilding the belief with the fans, local community and businesses and that appears to be going well. The football is hit and miss, but after all, we are in the Conference.

I’m personally feeling that I’ll be here no matter what come thick and thin as long as Southend are my local club. **** the PL.

Of course we all want to watch great football and have a team chasing promotion playing exciting stuff. BUT we are free of Ron, I’m willing to take a few years at this level and just celebrate that. We’re already better off. Of course I hope we get to the EFL sooner but I’d rather we build a solid foundation.

Someone else described it as a tower of cards and it could quickly come crashing down. Let’s look long term. I don’t want to get promoted and be like Col U flirting with relegation every year. We’d get rubbish crowds struggling in ANY league.

Last edited:
Back