• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sean Maguire of Eastenders / Grange Hill fame used to sit behind me in the East from time to time, when he was in Eastenders.

I bumped into a short a*** bloke in the bar once..I said "sorry mate", he turned round, and I said "F**k me, you're Steve Coppell "...oh, and "Oi! Coppell, you ain't getting Stan back!"

Sat a couple of seats away from Jimmy Greaves away at Brentford. No surprise though as his son was in the squad.

Saw Frank Skinner and Adrian Chiles together in an M1 KFC, we'd been away somewhere north, Rotherham I think, and they'd played Doncaster - I think it was the weekend they won promotion back to the Prem.

Kevin Davies came to the Kassam to watch Darryl Play, we lost 2-0 that day, but Davies bird was FIT!

Macc away in the cup, me and Cyril Sneer shared a train carriage with a Daily Star page 3 bird - obviously link NSFW http://www.dailystar.co.uk/starbabes/13600/Suzie-Star-Babe/

Teddy Sheringham away to Dartford pre-season friendly.

Kevin Davies was also at Notts County v Southend (away stand with us shrimpers) back sometime between 2005-07.

Brian Johnson and his wife on Wolverhampton Station on the way to Wrexham in the mid 80's.

Michael Foot on the Northern Line Platform of Embankment Station (in the middle of a game of spot the ringer) with the Supporters Club Quiz Team in the early 80's. (Zero Points)

An injured Brian Little at Rotherham in the mid 70's when his brother was playing for us, got him to sign my match programme!

Gordon Strachan (with fit wife) at a reserve game v Oxford, one son playing for each team!

Really?

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/1571020/Gord-joins-Circus.html?print=yes

Would you?

Had Alan Ball approach me opposite The Fish House a few hours before a match once and ask where the bookies was. From memory he was manager of Southampton at the time and we were playing them in the cup shortly after so assume he was scouting us.

Not Southend but had a beer pre-match at a Brisbane game last season with the comedian Mark Watson who was touring here and came along to see the game.

I saw God and the the ghosts of Vic Jobson, John Lennon and Bobby Moore sharing a pint and prawn sandwich in an executive box. I was very drunk at the time so I could be mistaken.

Back