• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F1 2015

Looks like it's going to be another Mercedes lead season. YAWN!

And so it begins yet another boring season. I hope one of the other teams can get their act together and try and put up a fight with Mercedes.

And so it begins yet another boring season. I hope one of the other teams can get their act together and try and put up a fight with Mercedes.

Failing that I hope Rosberg can get closer to Hamilton so we could have some racing at the front.

Failing that I hope Rosberg can get closer to Hamilton so we could have some racing at the front.

Rosberg just hasn't got the edge Hamilton has. Since his first championship he just needed the right car, like Alonso he is a championship winner just needs the right car. Think Rosberg is becoming a no.2 driver like Massa was to Alonso and Schumacher and how Webber was to Vettel. Shame as like you say it would be nice to have some competition.

Yep, if this continues and it probably will we will have to discuss something else. I'll make a new F1 post.

Last season wasn't boring.

Wish they hadn't shifted the time back by 1 hour. 5am start is rough for the huge amount of UK fans. I watched the first half in bed and then listened to it on the radio while dozing.

Doesn't look like many teams have made a major step forward in terms of catching Mercedes, but it's interesting that Sauber, Force India and Lotus all showed some signs of pace. Torro Rosso had quali pace too.

Ferrari looks nice, and their engine showed at least equal pace to the mercedes-powered Williams.

Last season wasn't boring.

Wish they hadn't shifted the time back by 1 hour. 5am start is rough for the huge amount of UK fans. I watched the first half in bed and then listened to it on the radio while dozing.

Doesn't look like many teams have made a major step forward in terms of catching Mercedes, but it's interesting that Sauber, Force India and Lotus all showed some signs of pace. Torro Rosso had quali pace too.

Ferrari looks nice, and their engine showed at least equal pace to the mercedes-powered Williams.

A season dominated by one team, I'd say that's pretty boring and just like the Vettel era too. The best seasons were the ones like when Hamilton won his first title and when Raikkonen won.

A season dominated by one team, I'd say that's pretty boring and just like the Vettel era too. The best seasons were the ones like when Hamilton won his first title and when Raikkonen won.

Just because it was one team competing for the drivers championship, doesn't mean it was boring. The lead changed several times and went down to the final race. Behind Mercedes, there was exciting stuff happening too (Vettel getting owned by Danny Ric, the rise of Williams, Grosjean learning how to get around the first corner!)

It wasn't a classic season, but there was enough to whet people's whistles. And some brilliant races (Spain, Canada, Hungary, even silverstone was a good one for once).

Red Bull continue to moan, and continue to show they have short memories:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/16/red-bull-could-contemplate-f1-exit?CMP=share_btn_tw

At least Mercedes let them race which is more than Red Bull and there were good fights between them.

We know this season that without any failures on the cars, Mercedes are going to win but from the Aus race there were battles behind them, so that hopefully bodes well for the upcoming season. Ferrari, Williams, Sauber, Lotus seem to have similar pace and if Renault can sort the engines out Red Bull and Toro Rosso should be too.

At least Mercedes let them race which is more than Red Bull and there were good fights between them.

We know this season that without any failures on the cars, Mercedes are going to win but from the Aus race there were battles behind them, so that hopefully bodes well for the upcoming season. Ferrari, Williams, Sauber, Lotus seem to have similar pace and if Renault can sort the engines out Red Bull and Toro Rosso should be too.

Absolutely - that's why Horner's comments seem so childish. People switched off because Vettel had the best car, some of the best skills, and a team who didn't let Webber race against him.

Last edited:
And now there won't be a GP in Germany this year. What a joke. Europe is the traditional heart of the international calendar and F1 risks irreparable damage to its fanbase if it continues to move from traditional and historic circuits to chase new money in far flung streets and deserts.

And a bit odd to see two rookies in the Torro Rossos beating the Red Bulls.
Could be a good season after all.

I was thinking earlier about a way to make F1 more interesting.

How about a sprint race before/after quali on the sat. Each teams takes a 3rd car and 3rd driver (development driver) and they have a 15/20 lap sprint race. No tyre changes (unless it rains) and no qualifying - grid is in reverse championship order.

I know there's GP2 going on at the same weekend (gets little coverage, sadly) but a "GP1" sprint race with F1 drivers and teams/cars would be great I reckon.

I respected Rosberg last season, Particually his grace during and following the last race, but he really acting like a brat after the last race.

Can anyone remember when he has actually tried, and succeeded in passing Hamilton without orders?

I respected Rosberg last season, Particually his grace during and following the last race, but he really acting like a brat after the last race.

Can anyone remember when he has actually tried, and succeeded in passing Hamilton without orders?

No and neither can he. Hamilton has got him in his pocket so far this season.

The race wasn't too interesting, apart from Maldonado, but the after race stuff is much better.

I think it was just mind games. Rosberg has to be too savvy to just come out crying. He's trying to get into Lewis' head which, to be fair, is probably the only way of allow Rosberg to compete. It worked a little last season, but Lewis is older and wiser now.

Bahrain should be great, Rosberg had much more speed there last season. I'd quite like Rosberg to get pole, just to make a race of it.

**** me have people got nothing better to moan about. Apparently people are complaining about Lewis spraying a pit girl during podium celebrations, she was contacted and wasn't even bothered. What is happening to the sport I used to love watching.

Back