• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Experienced Defender

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 07 2004,16:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 07 2004,16:01)]Matty Lockwood - isn't he a left back?  Haven't we already got one of those?  
Yes, Che Wilson.
Well that gives some indication the story might have some substance then !!!

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 07 2004,16:09)]Nothing wrong with Che Wilson.
Good squad player for back up, we need a regular left back.

I say now that Cort has left this creates a place for Che Wilson at centre back. We can't have a player of his calibre on the bench. I think that Tilly may even be planning to build his new team around Che.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 07 2004,16:12)]
[b said:
Ermmm...Nicolau??

You should remember him... being the expert on Arsenals youth scheme
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Custard Splat @ June 07 2004,16:37)]
[b said:
[b said:
Ermmm...Nicolau??

wink.gif
Erm, yes... I did mean Nicolau.

Steve - remember mate: you're not funny. Stop trying to make humorous posts by suggesting (for example) that our left back should be Che Wilson, and stick to your soup-eating...

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Custard Splat @ June 07 2004,16:37)]
[b said:
[b said:
Ermmm...Nicolau??

wink.gif
I thought he prefers a midfield role.

[b said:
Call me old fashioned, but I always think defenders should be able to tackle, this sadly leaves Wilson out of my first choice defence.....although to be fair Ashley Cole gets picked for England regularly, so what do I know!!
sad.gif

[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 07 2004,16:01)]Matty Lockwood - isn't he a left back?  Haven't we already got one of those?  
Yes, Che Wilson.
Che told me that he is most comfortable at right back.

So before anyone slates him, have you seen him play at right back? Thought not.

P.S. Steve, the second bit of this post isn't aimed at you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ June 07 2004,17:51)]
[b said:
[b said:
Yes, Che Wilson.

If someone cannot tackle the proverbial fish supper at left back, it must be unlikely that they will be able to on the right side...hope I'm wrong however, I'd love to see him turn into a top quality full back given a decent run in one position or another.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Saafend @ June 07 2004,17:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ June 07 2004,17:51)]
[b said:
[b said:
Yes, Che Wilson.

If someone cannot tackle the proverbial fish supper at left back, it must be unlikely that they will be able to on the right side...hope I'm wrong however, I'd love to see him turn into a top quality full back given a decent run in one position or another.
It might be different if the attacker is on your stronger side, if you get what I mean.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 07 2004,16:01)]he's never been the same after rupturing his spleen during a game...?

rock.gif

Matt
That shouldn't hold him back.... and I should know! If that's all that's wrong then there's no reason he shouldn't be exactly as he was before...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 07 2004,18:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 07 2004,16:01)]he's never been the same after rupturing his spleen during a game...?

rock.gif

Matt
That shouldn't hold him back.... and I should know! If that's all that's wrong then there's no reason he shouldn't be exactly as he was before...
Hmm... you may have a point, Spiff... although you're not a professional footballer, to be fair!

tounge.gif
cool.gif
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ June 07 2004,17:51)]P.S. Steve, the second bit of this post isn't aimed at you.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Steve - remember mate: you're not funny. Stop trying to make humorous posts by suggesting (for example) that our left back should be Che Wilson, and stick to your soup-eating...

You're all picking on me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 08 2004,11:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ June 07 2004,17:51)]P.S. Steve, the second bit of this post isn't aimed at you.

How is that picking on you, ya big baby
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 08 2004,11:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Steve - remember mate: you're not funny.  Stop trying to make humorous posts by suggesting (for example) that our left back should be Che Wilson, and stick to your soup-eating...

Aw, diddums.

Back to your Heinz, soup-boy.

Back