• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Experienced Defender

neil

First XI
This is a complete guess from me, but I wouldn't be surprised if the experienced defender is Dean Smith formerly of Sheff Wed and Orient

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ June 05 2004,10:20)]This is a complete guess from me, but I wouldn't be surprised if the experienced defender is Dean Smith formerly of Sheff Wed and Orient
From what I remember he was a decent player, but I though Edwards was the Experienced Defender, or am I missing something?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GoochDogHighFives @ June 06 2004,15:47)]I reckon it could be Matt Joesph.

A lot of us at the Os are gutted to see him go.

I doubt if you will get Deano
Interesting.... has Joseph been released?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 06 2004,16:25)]Interesting.... has Joseph been released?
Joseph is a full-back thougb isn't he?

Tilson said a centre-half

Please its has to be Prior ..... its someone that Tilson know well from late 80's & earlier 90's. Defencer parther of Prior & Edward for Southend is mouthwatering with Hunt or Warren as cover.

To be honest we would have no pace at the back, I remember the partnership of Rob Newman and Simon Coleman didn't really work.

difference between Rob Newman and Spencer Prior is Spencer Prior isnt a fat *******.

sorry to disappoint you all but the player is Matthew Lockward
who will play as a centre back if needed

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 07 2004,15:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ June 07 2004,14:43)]Cort was hardly roadrunner.
That's why we need Leo Roget back at Roots Hall.

C'mon folks, you know it makes sense...

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
If only for the continuation of the "Leo,Leo" or "Leon,Leon" chants... some of us can't manage more than 1 word
smile.gif

"Barmy Army"
rock.gif
? Far too confusing
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (S.U.F.C Girl @ June 07 2004,15:08)]sorry to disappoint you all but the player is Matthew Lockward
who will play as a centre back if needed
*ahem* source? gossip? hasn't he resigned for orient? when? etc...

and i'd have preferred Matt Lockwood?
wink.gif

no he hasnt signed he is really unhappy at orient and is even prepared to take a drop in wages source the horses mouth

[b said:
Quote[/b] (S.U.F.C Girl @ June 07 2004,15:16)]no he hasnt signed he is really unhappy at orient and is even prepared to take a drop in wages source the horses mouth
Would have preferred the source to be Matt himself rather than some old nag in a field outside Billericay ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 07 2004,15:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (S.U.F.C Girl @ June 07 2004,15:16)]no he hasnt signed he is really unhappy at orient and is even prepared to take a drop in wages source the horses mouth
Would have preferred the source to be Matt himself rather than some old nag in a field outside Billericay ...

WS
Michael - you've never even met S.U.F.C. Girl, so that's a slightly unkind thing to say about her...

wink.gif

Matty Lockwood - isn't he a left back? Haven't we already got one of those? And isn't it the case that Lockwood used to be quite good, but he's never been the same after rupturing his spleen during a game...?

rock.gif

Matt

Back