• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

David Roche, surely the only Southend player in history to be arrested during a game .. "luckily" for him he was in the stands and not out on the pitch

You've 3 CBs there Rich, so how about Dave Robinson for full back, one time record appearance maker and continued to be a regular around RH up until his death in 1986

G Simon Royce
D Paul Roberts
D Richard Jobson
D Robert Newman
D Leo Roget
M Ricky Otto
M Hal Robson-Kanu
M Ron Pountey
M Ronnie Whelan
F Richard Cadette
F Roy McDonough

I've put Jobson in but he only played 8 games for us, would rather someone who played more games but I'm not putting Chris Ramsey in!

I checked this up as I thought Ramsey probably only played 8 games for us at most. He did - including five sub. appearances. :YB:

It felt more like 800 mate.

The dark, despondent and dismal days of the Dick Bate era felt like an awful eternity mate. But if I recall correctly, then it was only from August 17th-September 22nd, 1987 that we had to suffer 'competitive' football under that man. God bless Paul Clark. :Worthy:

Last edited:
I remember Bates last game at Mansfield .. Clark (as opposed to the fellow Shrimpero is referring to above ^^^) had been frozen out by Bate but at around 2:40 the viking trots out to warm up obviously kitted up, cue much celebrating among the 50 or 60 Blues present .. a couple of lads called that it was great to see him playing again at last at which point he turned away from us and pulled up his tracksuit to reveal 12 on his back .. cue much booing and Bate Out chants, we lost again (only 1-0 this time mind) and Bate was sacked on the Tuesday just before we played (and beat) first division Derby at RH .. Mark Wright and Peter Shilton included

G Simon Royce
D Richard Jobson
D Robert Newman
D Leo Roget
M Ricky Otto
M Hal Robson-Kanu
M Ron Pountey
M Ronnie Whelan
F Richard Cadette
F Roy McDonough
F Theo Robinson

Final team! Stuck with Jobson in a 3 at the back, Theo in at upfront.

Back