• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ever been to Gijon?

What!! Have I got to interrupt eating and drinking for a poxy football match? Tapas is only ever interrupted for more tapas...........and drink :sad:

Tapas are, of course, plural.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapas

Which reminds me. I left Bilbao's old ground at HT once, (this was just after the World Cup in Spain), in search of something to eat, since all the refreshment kiosks in the ground were closed for some reason.

Suitably refreshed after a visit to a nearby bar, I had a devil of a job to get back into the ground but finally managed to convince an over-zealous dogsbody that my ticket was valid for the whole game (according to him I should have told him I wanted to come back in before leaving)!

Tapas are, of course, plural.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapas

Which reminds me. I left Bilbao's old ground at HT once, (this was just after the World Cup in Spain), in search of something to eat, since all the refreshment kiosks in the ground were closed for some reason.

Suitably refreshed after a visit to a nearby bar, I had a devil of a job to get back into the ground but finally managed to convince an over-zealous dogsbody that my ticket was valid for the whole game (according to him I should have told him I wanted to come back in before leaving)!

Wonderful. While you're lurking on here, pray tell where's the sodding airport for Gijon? According to Goggle Maps, they haven't got one which can't be right.

"London - Southend"
"Gijon - Oviedo"

Finding out after I've booked is the fun for me. A few years back I booked a break in Bergerac without knowing where it was (It's near Bordeaux).

"London - Southend"
"Gijon - Oviedo"

Finding out after I've booked is the fun for me. A few years back I booked a break in Bergerac without knowing where it was (It's near Bordeaux).

I am quite looking forward to a full holiday report when you return- I clearly need to get out more

I am quite looking forward to a full holiday report when you return- I clearly need to get out more

Do it. I try to get away about two or three times a year, sometimes for football, some mad arse derby game, or just for a couple of days with some friends. Does me the world of good and it doesn't have to be expensive if you shop around.

"London - Southend"
"Gijon - Oviedo"

I booked a weekend in Bergerac last year.

Jim Nettles was very upset about it.

Gijon (the G and the J are both an H sound) sounds a bit like the noise a clown car horn makes.

Once a mate pointed that out tome I couldn't ever think of the place without thinking of that.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back