• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ever been to Gijon?

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
I have a few spare days in October and thought about going to Gijon.

My research says - fly to Oviedo, bus to Gijon.

But I know nothing about Gijon! All advice welcome!

Thanks.

Thanks.

Usually they are chicken but you can get fish ones. Hope that helps

The Paseo Maritimo is nice (good for tapas bars and restaurants ).They take their football seriously too.Try and catch a game at El Molinón if you can.

Well worth staying in Oviedo at least overnight.It's quite posh compared with Gijon.Look out for the Woody Allen statue in the pedestrian centre. Stan the Man Collymore compared Oviedo to Norwich in his autobiography.Can't quite see the comparison myself.

Last edited:

Thanks.

????? begs the question, what makes you want to go to a place that you know nothing about

Flight £54 return, decent flight times, Gijon in on the coast. That's a start!

Ha,sorry.They'll be back!

Deportivo v Sporting Gijon (or vice versa) would be a pretty good alternative.

Galicia v Asturies.Not a lot of love lost between the two rival provinces.

Got to say, I enjoyed the trip over to the Galician derby. The football was dross but enjoyed the town. Might give it some thought.

This guy has been to a lot of football, all over Europe and just tweeted this...

You're already convinced I see but if you weren't...

What!! Have I got to interrupt eating and drinking for a poxy football match? Tapas is only ever interrupted for more tapas...........and drink :sad:

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back