• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

evening echo/graffiti teen story

don't commit crimes if you can't accept the consequences.
But what about the train driver and his family, 2 children wil have to grow up fatherless because of this idiot. I've got nothing wrong with the mourning and charity event as I said in my other post but unfortunatley the consequences are far greater to others than him.

Last edited:
But what about the train driver and his family, 2 children wil have to grow up childless because of this idiot. I've got nothing wrong with the mourning and charity event as I said in my other post but unfortunatley the consequences are far greater to others than him.

Do you mean fatherless

As an example, do you seriously think there would be so much knife crime if there was a death penalty?

......start teaching kids respect the minute they are born, then things will just continue to get worse.

Anyway, rant over.

The death penalty has almost no deterent effect, not least because people who kill usually either do so on pure impulse or never envisage getting caught. In the USA, despite the varied and interesting methods of execution on offer, gang culture is even more deeply embedded than over here, with the added spice of more freely available and varied guns as the weapon of choice. A recent picture showed a youth outreach office and in the window they had a sign saying "No shootings for 2 days".... State murder is no solution, however tempting it may seem.

On your point about respect however I couldn't agree more. This in my opinion is at least in part due to recent government's habit of praising the married family unit whilst carefully dismantling any legislation that can be seen to support or favour marriage. And guess which tough female PM started the process by abolishing the married man's tax allowance...?

The death penalty has almost no deterent effect, not least because people who kill usually either do so on pure impulse or never envisage getting caught. In the USA, despite the varied and interesting methods of execution on offer, gang culture is even more deeply embedded than over here, with the added spice of more freely available and varied guns as the weapon of choice. A recent picture showed a youth outreach office and in the window they had a sign saying "No shootings for 2 days".... State murder is no solution, however tempting it may seem.

On your point about respect however I couldn't agree more. This in my opinion is at least in part due to recent government's habit of praising the married family unit whilst carefully dismantling any legislation that can be seen to support or favour marriage. And guess which tough female PM started the process by abolishing the married man's tax allowance...?

You have a point ACU, and that point has been taken on board, but I genuinely believe that in combination with re-teaching people at all levels what respect actually is (i.e. how to behave like respectable citizens) and by making examples of hardened criminals, we can get out of this mess, or at least give the country a chance.

I also take on board the comments about Maggie Thatcher....very true!

But what about the train driver and his family, 2 children wil have to grow up fatherless because of this idiot. I've got nothing wrong with the mourning and charity event as I said in my other post but unfortunatley the consequences are far greater to others than him.

Josh, I absolutely agree. I mentioned earlier about his own family, but indeed the effect this will have had on the driver of the train which hit him will stay with him for life, and he didn't deserve that at all.

I meant if an individual does something which is wrong - be it criminal or otherwise - then THEY have to be prepared to accept the consequences of their own actions.

i will NEVER knock anyone for raising money for charity. i do my bit myself and anyone who puts themselves out for the benefit of those less fortunate should be applauded.

but doing a good deed in the name of lawlessness? that is the thing that i can't get my head around.

and a near-full page spread in the local rag? nah, can't agree with that at all.

think i'll match how much they raised for macmillan trust. at least my money is clean...

i will NEVER knock anyone for raising money for charity. i do my bit myself and anyone who puts themselves out for the benefit of those less fortunate should be applauded.

but doing a good deed in the name of lawlessness? that is the thing that i can't get my head around.

and a near-full page spread in the local rag? nah, can't agree with that at all.

think i'll match how much they raised for macmillan trust. at least my money is clean...

I guess the way his family see it is that they wanted some good to come out of the lad's death, and they shouldn't be criticised for that. It's just a shame that the manner of his death should cast a shadow in this way, I mean, if they'd just done it as a charity thing rather than one in his memory then no offence could have been taken.

I agree...but this is the UK that this and previous recent Governments has shaped and left for us to live in, hence why so many of my generation (80's babies) are now deciding to leave and seek a better life abroad. It has been said many times, but this country is on its knees at present.

A father decided to hold a charity football match in honour of is son. However misguided he is, the intention of raising money for a good cause is actually quite decent. What I don't get, however, is how this is anything to do with this or previous governments?

As London Blue said, this event was nothing to do with gaffiti and all to do with the memory of his son. And it raised money for a Cancer charity.

True, it was a stupid thing for the kid to do, but I understand from my Son, who was at schoo with him, that he was a good kid and whilst what he did was from either perspective,illegal or a craic , it was not worth,or being punished by, death

Back