• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euro Disney

I've been to both mate and Orlando is totally different in scale and quality. The park in Paris is just like going to a bumped up Thorpe park

It will never have the charm and charecter Orlando has

Of course the downside to Florida is it costs a pretty penny getting over there. Our flights were £500 each in March, try doing in in kids holidays and the price doubles.

Stay just outside of Paris and use the trains to get to Euro Disney. Much cheaper and they have a station that brings you right outside the attraction.

Hello all

I am contemplating taking the family to Euro Disney this year. Kids are 3 & 5 (or will be by then).

I just wondered if anyone has got any hints or tips on going? I like to normally organise my own trip rather than letting a tour operator carve me up on a big mark up but not sure how easy this is going to be.

If anyone can get me any tips or pointers I would be grateful.

Thanks
DtS

Save your money and go to Disney World.

Tampa's not so handy for Disneyland though, which is what I'm assuming would be their main priority. I'd agree with DBP too, Orlando is far better - start saving and planning now for next year or even the year after would be my advice!

Indeed it isn't. Disneyland is in California.

Honest opinion for the money whether Euro or Florida. Kids are too young. I'd give it at least four years and recommend Florida in October. Not excessively hot, few queues apart from big rides. More theme parks, more water parks and the extra money spent on getting there is partially offset by better experience. Consider Virgin all inclusive or at least breakfast.

Honest opinion for the money whether Euro or Florida. Kids are too young. I'd give it at least four years and recommend Florida in October. Not excessively hot, few queues apart from big rides. More theme parks, more water parks and the extra money spent on getting there is partially offset by better experience. Consider Virgin all inclusive or at least breakfast.

That crossed my mind too.

Its an expensive trip and I was actually wondering if my son was too young (he was just under 6) to actually go on rides and to even remember it later on in life. He could actually ride pretty much everything, but only just. I wouldnt personally have taken my kids if they were under 5. I did have to do it this year or next at the latest though as my daughter is 10 and with school etc couldnt leave it much longer.

As for the tip about Florida, it was amazing, I would however recommend staying in a villa, getting away from Disney for a while and having our own pool was fantastic.

Stay just outside of Paris and use the trains to get to Euro Disney. Much cheaper and they have a station that brings you right outside the attraction.

That's a very good idea S4E, worth thinking about if it keeps the cost down,with the added bonus of staying in a nice village somewhere.

Lol, am keeping an eye on your count down! Not long now, just over 10 weeks!

Not long at all, getting towards fever pitch excitement now. I fly out on the last day of term but I'm working right up until the day before just to stay occupied and avoid too much thumb twiddling! Just got to pay for health insurance, get the visa sorted and pack now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

What exactly are you doing there James ?

I'm participating on the Disney Cultural Representative Program. I'll be working in the UK Pavillion at the World Showcase in Epcot. I'll be working in food and beverage (quick service to begin with, food running and table waiting after 3 months) but as a Cultural Representative, I'm expected to "authentically represent" my country, culture and customs, and talk about it to guests. Been a real task to get a place in the end, but it's going to be so worth it and who knows what might happen by the end of the year? I may find a way to stay out there.

Wasnt a fan of Epcot as a visitor but Im sure it will be a great experience to work there.

Walked through the English sector, I guess if you are accurately representing the country they will dress you up in a hoodie and get you to loiter outside the pub they have there and now and again smash the red phone box up :smile:

I'm participating on the Disney Cultural Representative Program. I'll be working in the UK Pavillion at the World Showcase in Epcot. I'll be working in food and beverage (quick service to begin with, food running and table waiting after 3 months) but as a Cultural Representative, I'm expected to "authentically represent" my country, culture and customs, and talk about it to guests. Been a real task to get a place in the end, but it's going to be so worth it and who knows what might happen by the end of the year? I may find a way to stay out there.

So if you're waiting tables in a typically English way, can I suggest:

• You quit after a couple of hours complaining of hard work and because you should be made CEO by then.
  • You turn up late every day.
  • You treat everyone like you're doing them a favour.
  • You don't bother cleaning the tables.

Back