• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euro Disney

DTS

The Business
Hello all

I am contemplating taking the family to Euro Disney this year. Kids are 3 & 5 (or will be by then).

I just wondered if anyone has got any hints or tips on going? I like to normally organise my own trip rather than letting a tour operator carve me up on a big mark up but not sure how easy this is going to be.

If anyone can get me any tips or pointers I would be grateful.

Thanks
DtS

I'm told that the exclusive hotels there don't provide their guests with towels for the swimming pool.So take your own.:smile:

Whatever you do Dave, the best way to get there is Eurostar. Takes you right to the doorstep, and if you stay in a Disney hotel, you can leave your luggage with them on departure day, while you still get to go off and have fun, and they will take it to the station for you to collect at boarding time.

One other tip, the Europeans are generally not too good at queuing for autographs and photos or terribly considerate about it either!

Take plenty of wonga Dave,most expensive place in the world,total rip off prices,also watch out for the Spanish,rude as ****.

Take plenty of wonga Dave,most expensive place in the world,total rip off prices,also watch out for the Spanish,rude as ****.

Lol, yes, it was largely Spanish people that we had most difficulties with! There's a massive MaccyDs outside the parks, from memory, it was cheaper to eat there than the stuff in the parks.

I took my wife and two nippers for 5 days a few years back and spent around £3500 total. My advice would be to spend the extra couple of grand and go to Florida. I complained so much afterwards that I was offered a free trip, Eurostar excluded.

I remember ordering 4 burger, chips and drinks for lunch on the first day and got little change out of £80.

I took my wife and two nippers for 5 days a few years back and spent around £3500 total. My advice would be to spend the extra couple of grand and go to Florida. I complained so much afterwards that I was offered a free trip, Eurostar excluded.

I remember ordering 4 burger, chips and drinks for lunch on the first day and got little change out of £80.

I would agree with DBP.. Florida is so much better and you have so many other choices of fun things to do and places to visit whilst you are there.

Although I would never fly to Orlando again as you will be stuck with 14 people from Newcastle who want to befriend you for your holiday whilst you try to keep a straight face trying to understand them and dump them. You will feel like you have never left the UK.

I learnt after my 1st visit (actually I moved out of International Drive after 2 nights, I have been to Florida about 7 times now.) the best way to go is Fly to Tampa, stay on the outside at a nice beach hotel and take trips into the resorts.

I would agree with DBP.. Florida is so much better and you have so many other choices of fun things to do and places to visit whilst you are there.

I learnt after my 1st visit (actually I moved out of International Drive after 2 nights) the best way to go is Fly to Tampa, stay on the outside at a nice beach hotel and take trips into the resorts.

Tampa's not so handy for Disneyland though, which is what I'm assuming would be their main priority. I'd agree with DBP too, Orlando is far better - start saving and planning now for next year or even the year after would be my advice!

Tampa's not so handy for Disneyland though, which is what I'm assuming would be their main priority. I'd agree with DBP too, Orlando is far better - start saving and planning now for next year or even the year after would be my advice!

It is about an hour from the beach at Clearwater or St Petes, but there is so much on the way..Busch gardens for one.

It is well worth living by the beach for an hours travelling than in the main tourist areas IMO.

Get yourself to Orlando and I'll get you some discounts! Tampa is a bit too far out, you can still get cheap flights to Orlando and stay in Kissimmee or something.

DLP is great if you've never been to the American parks or if you'll die without a quick Disney fix. If you've been to either of the American parks first, then Paris will seem dirty and uncared for, and you'll certainly notice that French customer service and the French cast members' "Disney show"/enthusiasm for their job and company are vastly inferior. American Disney Parks go out of their way to make you feel welcome and cared for, and they work through the night every night to keep appearance standards in the park up. If you've been to florida then peeling paint and overflowing rubbish bins in Paris stand out like sore thumbs! But it is still a good trip.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

It is about an hour from the beach at Clearwater or St Petes, but there is so much on the way..Busch gardens for one.

It is well worth living by the beach for an hours travelling than in the main tourist areas IMO.

After our trip in March Id say if you are going for the Disney/Universal experience Id get a villa in Orlando. We were 10 minutes from the Disney parks yet far away not to be in the middle of it, the estate we were on was mainly US residents so it was nice. Maybe it was the weeks we went but we saw/heard very few English accents anywhere, including within Disney. Was surprised at that. We did Disney/Universal for about 8 days of the holiday so an hour or bit drive each day would have been tiresome.

If I do go again though I would do it your way, we wouldnt do the Disney thing to the extent we did last time, whilst it was great I wouldnt want to make that the main focus of the holiday again. So we would stay in Clearwater or thereabouts and pop to Orlando for a couple of days.

Hello all

I am contemplating taking the family to Euro Disney this year. Kids are 3 & 5 (or will be by then).

I just wondered if anyone has got any hints or tips on going? I like to normally organise my own trip rather than letting a tour operator carve me up on a big mark up but not sure how easy this is going to be.

If anyone can get me any tips or pointers I would be grateful.

Thanks
DtS

Forget it Dave, head to De Efteling instead.

When we first looked at it a couple of years a go, we priced it up and decided to go Florida instead and went on a Disney cruise from Port Canaveral around the Caribbean and Bahamas. The biggest advantage of this was the fact that all the characters are constantly around the ship etc. Plus you get to swim in the Mickey pool and on that cruise you also go to Castaway Cay in the Bahamas which is Disney's own private island and it's stunning.

When we first looked at it a couple of years a go, we priced it up and decided to go Florida instead and went on a Disney cruise from Port Canaveral around the Caribbean and Bahamas. The biggest advantage of this was the fact that all the characters are constantly around the ship etc. Plus you get to swim in the Mickey pool and on that cruise you also go to Castaway Cay in the Bahamas which is Disney's own private island and it's stunning.

Amazed I'd never heard of Disney Cruises until now!

Agree with this, went for 3 days & ate in McDonalds for dinner everyday, saved a fortune! Car show is good, Thunder Mountain, Rock n Rollercoaster is a must as is the Hotel Hollywood.

We stayed at Santa Fe, breakfast are very good & grab as much as you can for day ahead!!

Back