• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Seems like Irani has decided that Grayson is useless (hooray!) but fancies himself to be the man to sort it out (uh-oh).

There was clearly something wrong at the club. You only have to go back to the match-fixing episode to see that.

I was really hoping for an outside influence to come in and sort things out - I'd even take Peter Moores. The club needs to be restructured. Chuck out all the dead wood (and I'm talking about on the non-playing side) and start again with someone fresh. Irani isn't fresh but is another case of jobs for the boys. Someone needs to shake things up. Irani will just ruffle feathers; I'm not sure that the club ever got over the Stuart Law (and Paul Prichard) fall-out, which was ominously under Irani's watch.

Something seriously wrong at the club. Reece Topley leaves us to further his international ambitions, yet we are a county who have provided three of the last nine England Test captains. One season in the top flight since 2004. Continuing to alienate the southern part of the county by not playing any Championship or List A games in Southend. As you say YB, big shake-up needed.

I agree Leo, Topley leaving sums up our future at the moment. Some restructuring needs to be done. Gutted to see Topley go, but i dont blame him for going.

Panesar has been released as has Greg Smith Yayyy!!!

Well Pettini has followed Topley out the door and I don't blame him I know Mark was very badly treated this season. Rumours are Foster is off next and that Bopara is considering his options, been offrered captaincy but isn't sure there is a side there to captain anymore!

Well Pettini has followed Topley out the door and I don't blame him I know Mark was very badly treated this season. Rumours are Foster is off next and that Bopara is considering his options, been offrered captaincy but isn't sure there is a side there to captain anymore!

Foster? :stunned:

Say it ain't so!

Say it ain't so!

I'm wondering if Foster is/was part of the problem? Not as a player, where he's been excellent for us, but as captain.

Last I heard he was staying for another year, but I think it's clear his time at the county is, after many years' service, coming to an end.

Say it ain't so!

He's been offered a very good job teaching at Felsted school apparently, in charge of all cricket there. I think he delayed it for a year last year. I'm just speculating on this last part but with the side looking very weak I reckon he might take it this year

Just heard this too:
Apparently an un named player has consulted a lawyer regarding getting out of a contract to play next year

RTD is thought to be the player in question

Back