• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My favourite moment from Sanga was when he just dropped it between three fielders for a two. Such class. Any more or less on the shot and it would have been just a single.

yeah, remember that one. A couple of fours were hit perfectly as well, as if he was teasing the fielder in to believing he'd be able to stop it, but *just* hitting it hard enough.

Meanwhile, we're having another shocker in the County Championship...

I was at the game against Somerset, and he cost us the game by dropping a straightforward catch of Gayle at 3rd man. To compound that, the ball then trickled over the rope for 4, and he proceeded to hit the next 2 balls for 6. never seen a game change so dramatically on 1 ball.

Was great to watch Gayle bat, he was different class.:Worthy:

Yep that was a routine catch. Gayle looked so shaky to start and rode his luck a bit but once he got going it was a great show, sure a couple of his sixes landed on New London rd! I lived right near the WACA when I lived in Perth and he was playing for WA Warriors at the time(they are now Perth Scorchers), love watching the guy.
Friday was a good result too, I wasn’t there for that one but can anyone who was let me know why didn’t Tait bowl 4 overs?Was he injured/struggling? That penultimate Napier over could have cost us.

Yep that was a routine catch. Gayle looked so shaky to start and rode his luck a bit but once he got going it was a great show, sure a couple of his sixes landed on New London rd! I lived right near the WACA when I lived in Perth and he was playing for WA Warriors at the time(they are now Perth Scorchers), love watching the guy.
Friday was a good result too, I wasn’t there for that one but can anyone who was let me know why didn’t Tait bowl 4 overs?Was he injured/struggling? That penultimate Napier over could have cost us.

Yeah, that was confusing me too. I think we mucked up the bowler allocations - I was thrown when we went to Adel Malik - but maybe the plan was for Tait to bowl the final over and when RtD saw how Ansari was hitting Napier, he decided pace off the ball was the better bet?

Surrey v Essex in the T20 is the best fixture every season. Great Friday night out and we always stuff them. Plus I don't have to put any money in the pocket of those ******s that run the club.

Surrey v Essex in the T20 is the best fixture every season. Great Friday night out and we always stuff them. Plus I don't have to put any money in the pocket of those ******s that run the club.

Hopefully said ******s will stop putting money in Mr Grayson's bank account shortly. Not going well again at Northampton.

Yeah, that was confusing me too. I think we mucked up the bowler allocations - I was thrown when we went to Adel Malik - but maybe the plan was for Tait to bowl the final over and when RtD saw how Ansari was hitting Napier, he decided pace off the ball was the better bet?

Either way it's a bad call, the way Ravi and Tait have been bowling in t20 means they should both be getting the full 4 overs. Malik was a pointless inclusion, only one over, why not fill the spot with a batsman if you aren't going to use him? Feel a bit for Pettini, spoke to him in a game we played at the county ground just before the t20 started and he was all excited as he was going to be t20 captain until RTD returned and he hasn't got a look in. So many odd decisions at Essex these days, Malik being one of the strangest, club player thrown in at 29 yrs of age!? and Monty missing with no explanation but he plays the Bopara benefit and is the pick of the bowlers???

I guess we are taking the draw here, though I'm surprised we haven't put the foot on the accelerator since lunch and had 60 overs at them.

Yep! I know the wicket appears very good (apart for us in the first innings) but declaring with one session to go, around 330 ahead seems a little pointless and over cautious. I know we didn't want another defeat but our negative attitude certainly doesn't offer us any chance of a win...........even if there was the chance of one.

Would it matter if we lost trying to win, anyway.

We're bottom of the league.

Not going to get anywhere by drawing.

Strange things can happen in the 4th innings. Especially if a carrot is dangled.

Look at Gloucestershire today.

Cruising along and then inexplicably collapsed and lost.

Looking forward to the t20 tonight, bet the 11 is bowler heavy though and Velani gets the nod ahead of Pettini

a very decent result for us tonight on the back of an encouraging fightback but we've got a long way to go this season.

maybe we'll do last year in reverse, like Warwickshire did, and gain all the momentum at the end and go through to finals day. that and another near miss in the Championship will probably keep Grayson around for another year and the under-achievement can begin again next season.

i'm not usually this pessimistic but with Essex it's difficult not to be

Very professional job last night, never looked in doubt. Tonight will be a tougher prospect against Sussex, anyone think Tymal will haunt us or do we think he'll get smashed?

Very professional job last night, never looked in doubt. Tonight will be a tougher prospect against Sussex, anyone think Tymal will haunt us or do we think he'll get smashed?

Sussex T20 form so far hasn't been great. If we nick a win tonight, we are starting to look good for a top 4 finish and the QF's.

I already have my finals day accommodations booked...:omg:

Back