• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Envious Exiles Thread

overseas shrimper

Life President⭐🦐
How's about a show of hands from envious exiles, UK based or further afield?

As we embark on a new season and a new era truly begins where it counts... on the pitch, I sure as hell am a green hue today.

A packed out, bouncing (and cleaned up) Roots Hall, a club to be proud of, better choice of beers and even a brand spanking new scoreboard... you lucky, lucky lot. Wish I was there with my lad.

To new beginnings and UTB.

NO!

UTS!

Last edited:
Seeing if I can get a stream on the Firestick. A new season of hope and expectation and my 12th as an exile!

Gutted not to be there today, will try to get NLTV working and be there in spirit. Sadly my new home shirt hasn’t made it yet, despite the £20 delivery charge, but it’ll be great to see the stadium full of them and a new scoreboard from afar!

I shall be watching on NLTV from here in the Scottish Highlands . . . just hope my 15 mbs internet connection doesn't prove too 'laggy'

COYB

I only live round the corner but the wife works during the day Saturdays and Tuesday evening and my children just won't go to the football so it feels like I'm an exile!

Maybe once they're older I'll be able to grab a season ticket and attend again but at the moment it's bank holiday and Friday evening matches only.

leaving the family on the beach in france at 3.15 local time (they and others there think I’m bonkers…) drive back to house crossing fingers the internet works - log into NLTV (still fingers crossed) beers already chilling - and ready to go. Still wish I was at the Hall though…..back for the Sutton game …..

leaving the family on the beach in france at 3.15 local time (they and others there think I’m bonkers…) drive back to house crossing fingers the internet works - log into NLTV (still fingers crossed) beers already chilling - and ready to go. Still wish I was at the Hall though…..back for the Sutton game …..
Check if they have WiFi first

Just hoping that the streaming will work without problem today. Of course there is no comparison between watching the game in one's living room and being there live at the Hall. I honestly don't know the next time I'll catch a game live and anyway my experience is sure to be different to previous attendances. I've always gone with a couple of friends, when I've been back in England over the last 35 years. There was always the nice predictability about it. Peter would arrange the ticket for the West Stand and we would meet for a pint, usually at The Cricketers (has that re-opened?), prior to walking dawn to the ground.
Sadly, Roger passed away not long after our Play-Off Final win and Peter has been forced to give up his Season Ticket because of his knee problem. So things will never quite be the same again and (hopefully) if success comes, it may even be increasingly difficult to get a place, centrally, in the West Stand.
So YES, a little envious whilst, at the same time nervous. I'm trying to reign in my expectations and accept that we shall have to be as patient as we were with the take over. I'm sure success will come but maybe not straight away.

Back