• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emile Acquah

brilliant goal how we could do with someone like that , but alas the youngster scored for fun in our under 18s and many on here just expected it when he was bought into ther senior squad,playing in a dire team team and just berated him saying he was useless, no patience to allow him to progress , a bit like now with some too expecting us to s**t the league.

I said it when he was with us to give him time he would be an asset , but many on here said the opposite .
I said the same. Most people did, in fairness. It didn't take a genius to see he had the makings of a good player, but was young and inexperienced when he was with us. All he needed was to learn how to make the most of his size, and build a bit of confidence.

brilliant goal how we could do with someone like that , but alas the youngster scored for fun in our under 18s and many on here just expected it when he was bought into ther senior squad,playing in a dire team team and just berated him saying he was useless, no patience to allow him to progress , a bit like now with some too expecting us to s**t the league.
Great to see him doing well. His improvement has been very impressive and not something many predicted. Hindsight is a wonderful thing… I totally agree he was rushed into a chaotic and poor first team. At the time though he seriously struggled (understandably) and was nowhere close to being good enough for regular first team football (along with many others). Releasing him was the right decision at the time, it just looks daft now because we didn’t have the depth to allow him to develop with youth team / loans like a properly ran league club probably would have

I said the same. Most people did, in fairness. It didn't take a genius to see he had the makings of a good player, but was young and inexperienced when he was with us. All he needed was to learn how to make the most of his size, and build a bit of confidence.
He wasn't just young... he was too young. Shouldn't have been put in the situation he was. The fact that he was thrown in to such a dire team, with the club starting to crumble, just compounded the issue.

I've said before his close control, turn and shot against the bar away at Oldham showed what he was capable of.

He scored in L1 for us but his confidence was destroyed as our club fell apart.

It was best for both sides that he left, one of many that if they were eased in properly would have been very good players for us

Back