• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Documentary Filming

patronising guff ... I have just finished 4 hours of yoga and meditating on the milky way ..

now having some carrot juice and opening up a few chakras to let loads and loads of light in.

I hope my soul is on Ok but its just watching National League football - or FA losers trophy - that is corrupting my mental balance ..
I usually find 4 pints does the trick

I dont think RM is owed a penny .... the "debt" is just fancy accounting.

He would be nowhere without SUFC - no planning permissions, no RH, no FF, no annual cash rake off from the substantial business that is SUFC ..

He has been mugging off the fan base with the I put in zillions for years -

I'm going to try that line with my credit card companies.

He would be nowhere without SUFC - no planning permissions, no RH, no FF, no annual cash rake off from the substantial business that is SUFC ..

I'm not commenting on much here as if I tried to correct every incorrect presumption / assertion from almost everyone even just on this thread, I'd simply have no time to do anything else :Smile:

Meant in the nicest way of course, but sometimes a little knowledge is dangerous, and I fall foul of it too.

However for this assertion with Ron, whilst it is some accounting jiggery pokery, I think we need to remember that he could have spent that £4m on Roots Hall in another property/ies, or put it in the bank or in other investments, and the asset would have generated a return.

So whilst it isn't 'put cash in' in the literal sense, we shouldn't begrudge him charging, via an accounting transaction, a market value rent (if it is market value) and him wanting that payment should he decide to sell.

Let's not allow tribal views to distort reality, I feel this point needs clarification of my perspective.

Last week, when I was making the documentary. I wanted to interview Carl Reader. At the time Carl was unable to talk or have a conversation due to his most recent attempt to engage RM with correspondence.

Away from the documentary, I've just interviewed Carl Reader for 45 minutes (remotely) which I will be editing and making available to view this evening or tomorrow once I have finished my work commitments.

Until recently (and I have commented on it on SZ) I was unsure of where Carl funding was going to be coming from and how it would work. Having now spoken to him an length (Which I thank him for his time) I now fully understand his position, his partners and how they will not only look to invest a 9 figure sum (£100M +) to acquire all of the developments and the football club, but how he will run it with a 20 year investment backed cycle not a 5 year or in our current case 24 year backed debt cycle.

I was also unaware of Carl experience of running a football club. Not sure if it has been documented here previously about what he did with Hungerford but now I've taken the time to research that I find it very interesting.

Just for clarity, before first reaching out to Carl 10 days ago, I did not know who he was, I had not met him and today is the first time we have spoken on any matters directly regarding the football club.

I find it interesting, very interesting how privately he has reached out to RM to provide him with an NDA to sign purely so Carl can share the Billion £ worth of wealth in the fund but is yet to respond to him, except the day after he initially went public for wanting to buy the football club last year.

Touch wood I will get the interview up and out on YouTube this evening if not it will be tomorrow, just need to edit some bits out of it.
Thanks for the opportunity and hopefully it covers off some of the questions that people have. Of course it could raise plenty more, but lets be realistic it's all 'ifs, buts and maybes' until we get to the first stage of any conversations, at which point I'll definitely have to keep schtum.

Ron would not sell for anywhere near £100 mil, the whole project is worth a lot more. Even if Ron dies, it is probably left to his son? There's no chance his son sells either with the pot of gold in the near distance.

I'd love to see Carl's plans, which he won't share with anyone... No pension fund, or any healthy minded person, would approve an investment that guarantees a loss of £1.4million a year in the 5th tier of English Football.
Deadpool at Wrexham ?

He's not selling without getting £24m back from what he has put in.

There is no substantial business in sufc that's why it's in such a mess. Its turnover is 7 million a year, but costs 9 million to run it. It needs 2 millio a year put in to keep it going.
Errr! the above figures are simply poor accounting and budgeting. It is called living within your means. 7mill - 9mill = 2mill which is about the amount Mr Martin takes out of the books each year. I don't see all the other national league teams in the absolute mess Southend United are in.

@CRATE When is the documentary or the interview with Carl going to be released. Will it be in episodes or one lone documentary?

Will it be Youtube (i think you mentioned this on the Carl interview) or is it a Netflix, BT Sport, Sky documentary

Its really really simple. The club dont make any payments. Ron doesn't call in the charges but they sit on the account as a debt owed for a couple of reasons.

1. It solidifies his position of owner, as with the balance sheet showing significant debt, we are less attractive to potential investment or a sale.

2. The debt is owed to his companies, meaning their balance sheets look better for having such large sums owed. It improves those companies position in terms of securing finance.

Also, playing devils advocate, even if this wasn't the case, when you say the club should withhold payment, you do realise that means Ron withholds payment to Ron? It just doesn't make any sense.
I think there's also a 3rd reason, which is tied to your first. That so that if anyone does buy the club they would have to pay the back rent, or at least come to an agreement on it.

Errr! the above figures are simply poor accounting and budgeting. It is called living within your means. 7mill - 9mill = 2mill which is about the amount Mr Martin takes out of the books each year. I don't see all the other national league teams in the absolute mess Southend United are in.
Small sample, but I started looking at our opponents in the pre match threads. Only 2 so far, Bromley and Solihull. Both loss making, millions in debt and dependent on owner for funding

There's plenty who are in a mess. Theres currently about ten efl teams who are under embargoes. Scunthorpe are close to going to the wall. Wrexham was in dire straits until deadpool saved them.

You haven’t looked anywhere near hard enough then. Come back once you have.

In the meantime I’ll rely on @MattE useful info supplied before each match.

No wrexham wasnt in a mess was they both 2 stupid yanks put millons into the club .So they are out there these idiots you call them .

2. The debt is owed to his companies, meaning their balance sheets look better for having such large sums owed. It improves those companies position in terms of securing finance.
I’ll say it again, this simply isn’t true.
A lender will look at the debtor list, see it’s the football club that’s owes Ron’s company the money………and then laugh.

I’ll say it again, this simply isn’t true.
A lender will look at the debtor list, see it’s the football club that’s owes Ron’s company the money………and then laugh.

Fair enough. I'd heard this a few times and it seemed plausible.

Reactions: JD
Deadpool at Wrexham ?
Considering they made £4 million out of Welcome To Wrexham, and increased shirt sales by £300k…

They are a one off, and will run efficiently into sustainable profit with the new stand, Wales playing international matches at the Racecourse, and promotion into the EFL to cover the £1million loss.

Not something that a Monacan pension fund can do.

I guess the question is would Ron see £100m now as a success or as missing out on £400m.

I think his ego would stop him missing out on the extra money but that's just my guess
He isn’t missing out on £400m
The development is only worth &400m or whatever the figure is once it’s been built.

So the comparison is £100m vs (£400m- build costs).

Back