• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Did anyone go to Life bar/club in the city centre?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ April 11 2005,20:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 11 2005,20:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ April 11 2005,20:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 11 2005,19:59)]but if i would have seen Che last night i think i would have given him a dry slap...
.... And then hopefully he would have turned round and just knocked you out!
No need for the nastiness is there. It seems some people can't contain their emotions on the message boards ...

sad.gif
I think some of the more infrequent posters don't seem to 'get' you sometimes.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

We missed God yesterday, dont ya think!

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 11 2005,20:57)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 11 2005,19:59)]but if i would have seen Che last night i think i would have given him a dry slap...
No need for the nastiness is there. It seems some people can't contain their emotions on the message boards ...

sad.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

wink.gif
That's actually what my West Ham supporting Uncle said on the way home last night!
laugh.gif

Yes, we might be a bit biased, but his more physical approach would've probably given their 3 centre backs a lot tougher test in extra time than what Dudfield gave them.

Bring back the cat!

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

sad.gif
wink.gif
More infrequent?

Read the 'zone every day and have 359 posts to the name. Indeed, very infrequent.

Try still extremely gutted, but proud of every single player, and yes even Gower because without him and his first goal at Bristol we may never have made it there.

No player needs personal abuse - the tw*t who became abusive towards Maher should hope he never sits next to me at a game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ April 11 2005,21:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 11 2005,20:57)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

sad.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

wink.gif

Bring back the cat!
I agree

Back the Cat

If only we knew the players were in Life we could have paid them a visit , as myself, Hooly, Skodaman , GNH , Mr B , Patsy Klubb , Vange and a few others spent a bit of time in the Walkabout bar down the road.
Scottish Steve told me that he wanted a chat with Mark Gower, shame we missed them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonesy tap-in @ April 11 2005,20:14)]Che wasn't out

barrett wasn't out either.
oh yes they were
wink.gif

you just had to know where to look
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ April 11 2005,23:48)]If only we knew the players were in Life we could have paid them a visit , as myself, Hooly, Skodaman , GNH , Mr B , Patsy Klubb , Vange and a few others spent a bit of time in the Walkabout bar down the road.
Scottish Steve told me that he wanted a chat with Mark Gower, shame we missed them.
Oh no we wouldn't. Went in Life on the Saturday night, it was a fecking horrible place. Harry Barris said he saw a blues fan in the toilet get flattened by a local yokel purely for being English.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ April 12 2005,10:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ April 11 2005,23:48)]If only we knew the players were in Life we could have paid them a visit , as myself, Hooly, Skodaman , GNH , Mr B , Patsy Klubb , Vange and a few others spent a bit of time in the Walkabout bar down the road.
Oh no we wouldn't.  Went in Life on the Saturday night, it was a fecking horrible place.  Harry Barris said he saw a blues fan in the toilet get flattened by a local yokel purely for being English.
Actually we did go in there after the Walkabout turfed us out. Had a chat with Wayne Gray who was very approachable. The rest were all pretty well oiled by this stage and we thought it best to leave them to it.

Flavs may have got Davies along, but his attentions were definitely elsewhere.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ April 12 2005,10:53)]I noticed Jimmy C being thrown head first out of the club
biggrin.gif
I always thought Corbett was injury prone, I just never realised they were all UDIs!

I managed to get DNA swabs from most of the players empty glasses.

I am going to use Jurrassic park style biotechnology to clone the entire team so that I will then be able to hang out with them socially.

Cheers!

Did anyone else stumble acrosss Jim Corbett, joust outside the Stdium / Millennium Plaza at around 1am absolutelty off his head?!

He could hardly stand up and some fans had to help him into a taxi

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheLittleGazette @ April 12 2005,11:51)]Did anyone else stumble acrosss Jim Corbett, joust outside the Stdium / Millennium Plaza at around 1am absolutelty off his head?!

He could hardly stand up and some fans had to help him into a taxi
Well he's had a very tough season and worked hard for the team - he's entitled to unwind once in a while by getting paralytic and thrown out of a club. Let's hope he goes back to giving 110% in training this week though.

Meow... Saucer of milk for Smudger.

wow.gif

Surely I'm not the only one who's thinking that, psychologically at least, Jimmy C has had a very tough time of things lately? Even if that doesn't excuse his actions, it might explain them...

As I've said elsewhere, we can bitch and moan about the players and play into Orient's hands, or we can get behind the whole squad and roar them into League 1.

The choice is ours... but I would suggest that right now, the players need our support now more than at any stage this season.

Get behind them!

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 12 2005,12:12)]Surely I'm not the only one who's thinking that, psychologically at least, Jimmy C has had a very tough time of things lately?  Even if that doesn't excuse his actions, it might explain them...
Maybe, but he's had lots of free time (like about a year) to get sh*tfaced in his own time, so perhaps Sunday night, in front of hundreds of Shrimpers and after losing another Cardiff final might not have been the best time for him to do it. These jokes about him being a fat ******* in the programme for the second year running might be funny to some but probably not to the people that are paying him c£1000 a week+.....

I agree on the principle of getting up and on with it though. No point feeling sorry for ourselves.

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ April 12 2005,10:34)]Actually we did go in there after the Walkabout turfed us out. Had a chat with Wayne Gray who was very approachable. The rest were all pretty well oiled by this stage and we thought it best to leave them to it.

Flavs may have got Davies along, but his attentions were definitely elsewhere.....
Wayne Gray really was a top bloke. It can't do any harm for the club's image with players like him representing them off the pitch too. Also found Bentley and Jupp very approachable.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back