• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Did anyone go to Life bar/club in the city centre?

Jonesy tap-in

Youth Team
After my fresh-faced 23 yr old looks meant i got ID'd going to walkabout we went a few doors up to Life bar/club/whatever it is only for virtually the whole team to show up all suited and booted! Absolutely made our weekend!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Kevin Davies was also there, which seemed slightly random, and we were wondering if he and darryl were at southampton at the same time. Shook quite a few hands, took a few (rubbish, phone) pictures and had a bit of a chat with Bentley. I told him i thought he was excellent in the final, along with Barrett, and he was a really nice guy and quite willing to chat to the fans. Maher also told my mate to f*ck off, which we all found hilarious, although he probably deserved it - we were quite battered.

Also seemed to be tons of women out. I guess nothing pulls in the birds like lg2 footballers, although nicolau was getting quite a bit of stick off maher and a couple of others for pulling a munter.

I don't remember a great deal about the end of the night unfortunately - in fact don't remember leaving Life or getting back to the hotel, but still had a quality time!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonesy tap-in @ April 11 2005,19:53)]Kevin Davies was also there, which seemed slightly random, and we were wondering if he and darryl were at southampton at the same time.
It's quite well known that he's best mates with Flavs.

Na, stayed in the hotel with Shrek since he couldn't get in any pubs and watched MOTD 2 and the Welsh soccer night.

Wish I had gone out now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ April 11 2005,19:56)]Na, stayed in the hotel with Shrek since he couldn't get in any pubs and watched MOTD 2 and the Welsh soccer night.

Wish I had gone out now.
Lol. Im thinking that now but if i would have seen Che last night i think i would have given him a dry slap ... (as well as Gower)

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ April 11 2005,19:56)]this last night ?
Yeah. Last night, evening of the match. What with the early start sunday morning, all the drinking, all the driving (obviously not together) and coming back on a monday i'm really losing track of time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 11 2005,19:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ April 11 2005,19:56)]Na, stayed in the hotel with Shrek since he couldn't get in any pubs and watched MOTD 2 and the Welsh soccer night.

Wish I had gone out now.
Lol. Im thinking that now but if i would have seen Che last night i think i would have given him a dry slap ... (as well as Gower)

laugh.gif
Im sure that you would have fallen asleep at the bar, just like Gower, no stamina.

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 11 2005,19:59)]but if i would have seen Che last night i think i would have given him a dry slap...
.... And then hopefully he would have turned round and just knocked you out!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ April 11 2005,20:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 11 2005,19:59)]but if i would have seen Che last night i think i would have given him a dry slap...
Just ignore him, 'G' is a wet blanket.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 11 2005,19:56)]Did you give Che any tips on defending?

wow.gif

G
Che wasn't out alas, otherwise i could've given him the benefit of my grad college (lancaster university) a-team player of the season as centreback experience.

tounge.gif

I even asked one of the other players if he was coming out, but apparently he stayed in the hotel. barrett wasn't out either. quite wanted to meet wilson, as i think he's done pretty well this season.

Overall tho, top marks to Bentley. Seemed like a thoroughly nice chap and very approachable. Wayne Gray was also cool although my mate (same one that got sworn at by kev) accidentally spilled some guinness on his jacket. fortunately wayne didn't notice.

I don't know if im being a bit harsh but isn't going out clubbing etc the wrong thing to do after loosing the match ??

I know that if iw as playing yesterday i would have wanted to have just got home, would of been to ****ed off to go out like that

[b said:
[b said:
No need for the nastiness is there. It seems some people can't contain their emotions on the message boards ...

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ April 11 2005,20:23)]I don't know if im being a bit harsh but isn't going out clubbing etc the wrong thing to do after loosing the match ??

I know that if iw as playing yesterday i would have wanted to have just got home, would of been to ****ed off to go out like that
The team were all staying up the night after as well, and what ever the score, with there achievements this season, they deserved a bloody good drink, it was sad we didnt win, but it was a novilty to get there again, I owuldnt expect them all out if we had just lost the play off final

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ April 11 2005,20:23)]I don't know if im being a bit harsh but isn't going out clubbing etc the wrong thing to do after loosing the match ??

To be honest mate, we were gutted for a few hours in the pub but, on reflection, it was another massive achievement making the final. On top of that, I thought most of the lads acquitted themselves really well and on another day we'd have won that game.

I think their mood reflected ours quite closely.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 11 2005,20:26)]
[b said:
[b said:
No need for the nastiness is there. It seems some people can't contain their emotions on the message boards ...

sad.gif
I think some of the more infrequent posters don't seem to 'get' you sometimes.
wink.gif

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back