• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Denmark v England: Thursday 20th June 2024, 5pm BBC1

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
So... the first game was a success, but a disjointed performance in ways we've become all too familiar with.

However, if England looked ponderous and rusty, and if Southgate didn't seem to be able to affect the match when the tide turned early in the second half (again, arguably) perhaps they might reap the rewards in better fitness later in the tournament.

This might avoid the issues suffered in Russia against Croatia, where England looked knackered and lost...

It's a niche viewpoint, but it'll do for me :Smile:

So, what do we all think will be the lineup and score prediction for this next match?

Same line up, why change a winning team, as posted previously a couple of scrappy 1-0 to get us through group then we can shuffle the team .
Always be doomsayers if we win / draw/ lose, could be Belgium situation now their hard work begins at least we have three points on the board x

Denmark are another one of those teams that we struggle against...dont know why
Bit like Sweden were,maybe still are.
Was in Copenhagen s;ept 82..we got a lucky 2-2 draw.Think they then beat us at Wembley.
As before,if Dmark score first,cannot see us winning...i expect another drab draw

Denmark are another one of those teams that we struggle against...dont know why
Bit like Sweden were,maybe still are.
Was in Copenhagen s;ept 82..we got a lucky 2-2 draw.Think they then beat us at Wembley.
As before,if Dmark score first,cannot see us winning...i expect another drab draw

We've beaten them 13 times out of 22. We've only lost 4 times - in 1983, twice in a row in 2003 and 2005 and then more recently 2020.

Sweden is a bit more mixed. But between 1968 and 2011, 12 games, we didn't beat the Swedes. But we've won 3 of the last 4 (since breaking that spell in 2011).

That Sweden game 1968..was my first England game live...we won 3-1..
As you wrote..we didnt win again for a long time

ive gone for a 1-0 win to England , i think there will be changes not too many though ,Hopefully we can get the Left side sorted and the midfield, win this one and we will qualify for the last 16 or whatever, another early goal will settle the nerves a bit also. Would really enjoy it if GS allowed the forwards more freedom to express there god given talents, but GS himself was a defender he dont understand .One thing we cannot do is give to much room to the Danish midfield they have talent there.

I fear Eriksen will exploit space which we will inevitably give him as we play much too deep. On paper still expecting not to lose. Midnight KO for me. I know it’s a Friday (for me) but I’ll be knackered. If it was beyond group stage I’d stream it.

i agree about Eriksen cannot give him too much space, Question who does the Arsenal midfielder play for is it Sweden or Denmark or Norawy i forget.

England players seem to be struggling to stay on their feet. Pitch cutting up, is the surface new?

Back