• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

David Sullivan At Southend?.

Its safe to say he won't be investing in us any time soon going by his interview in the Guardian:

West Ham United, a club Sullivan has long been associated with, are expected to be on his radar, although he has not ruled out the possibility of looking further afield. "In a perfect world it will be nearer to home. But, if there was an airport nearby, I could go back and forth by jet. But it's got to be a club with potential. In the nicest possible way, I can't see myself being at Southend, Barnet or Dagenham & Redbridge."

Its safe to say he won't be investing in us any time soon going by his interview in the Guardian:

West Ham United, a club Sullivan has long been associated with, are expected to be on his radar, although he has not ruled out the possibility of looking further afield. "In a perfect world it will be nearer to home. But, if there was an airport nearby, I could go back and forth by jet. But it's got to be a club with potential. In the nicest possible way, I can't see myself being at Southend, Barnet or Dagenham & Redbridge."

Don't forget the papers like to make up a few tales to spice up a story.

Seconded! No thanks. Don't want no sleaze bucket down here.
Why the hell would we swap Sir Ron for that ****?
Alas we dont get to pick ur chairman. if the club is in trouble and somebody hangs a golden carrot infront of RM do you think he will stay or take the carrot

Alas we dont get to pick ur chairman. if the club is in trouble and somebody hangs a golden carrot infront of RM do you think he will stay or take the carrot

Quite true. But fortunately, Sullivan appears to have dismissed us in that interview.
RM has a lot riding on the stadium development and can't see him handing over in the short term until he either completes the project or realises its not going to happen.
As for the comment about being worth more than a fiver; doesn't mean hes going to pump money in. I would much prefer a chairman that can make us self sufficent rather than use us as a play thing, and dump us with massive debts a few years later.
Ron may not be a wealthy Russian oil baron or publisher of top shelf material, but he is right for this club in my opinion. I'm happy with our lot ta very much!

Last edited:
Sullivan and gold will be putting in an offer on wetspam once the birmingham sale has gone through. They are clients of my firm and we are handling the sale at the moment. I did get the director who has them as his clients to drop in to them that southend would be a cheaper option & a better challenge but my money will be on them buying wetspam from iceland rather than us from ron martin but football is a funny old game !

Sullivan and gold will be putting in an offer on wetspam once the birmingham sale has gone through. They are clients of my firm and we are handling the sale at the moment. I did get the director who has them as his clients to drop in to them that southend would be a cheaper option & a better challenge but my money will be on them buying wetspam from iceland rather than us from ron martin but football is a funny old game !

Can you tell me what role Karen Brady has with the company?

I thought Gold was staying at Birmingham as chief exec or something along those lines ? Fa rules wont allow him to be invloved with two clubs.

Oh yes, but only after she was degraded in the filthiest possible way.
I'd also then make her wear a Southend shirt everytime after too ;)

Are you suggesting you'd take a stroll up Cadbury Avenue with the architect of our 90's demise??? Surely she is not worthy?

Brady has left Brum and gone to work with Alan Sugar as far as I am aware
In the Daily Mirror she has received £1 million from Gold in her leaving package. She was also at Southend vs Oldham

Something about a circus is in town, and Karen Brady is a *****, and Barry Fry is a clown, and apparently Birmingham are going somwhere, hope this helps ;)

Back