• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dave's cooking corner -Week One.

Just to add: To make a fantastic stock, boil up the carcass of a roasted chicken for about 20mins. I let this cool, stick in an ice cube tray and freeze to be used at yer convenience.

Just to add: To make a fantastic stock, boil up the carcass of a roasted chicken for about 20mins. I let this cool, stick in an ice cube tray and freeze to be used at yer convenience.

Good tip there Michel Roux's!!

Right lads,

Now MK Shrimper is back with his Mrs and with a number of you having dating related issues of late I have decided to pass on my skills as a master swordsmen onto you all.

The key I think is to cook for your partner to be. In the new series Dave's cooking corner (Part one probably of one) I am going to give you all a **** easy reciepe to follow to woo your perspective new partner or simply impress the better half with.

This weeks is Dave's Oven Risotto - You cant go wrong.

INGREDIENTS

* Chciken Breast or thighs (enough for two people)
* chorizo, thickly sliced ( enough for two people)
* Pack cherry tomatoes
* 1 red onion, finely chopped
* 2 garlic cloves (The little bits not the whole garlic) peel and finely chopped
* splash of olive oil
* Green pepper finely chopped
* 300g risotto rice (Dont use normal rice)
* a bit of chopped fresh rosemary
* 1 litre of hot chicken stock
* pinch of saffron strands
* pack of large prawns ( Dont cheat and use little one you pikeys)
* salt and pepper (Pinch only)

COOKING

1. Preheat the oven to 220C / Gas 7 / About as hot as oven goes but not quite the highest amount. Whack tomatoes red onion, garlic and olive oil in oven. Give it 20 minutes until the tomatoes are softened.

2. Add rice chicken, chorizo, rosemary, chicken stock, saffron, green pepper and some salt and pepper, mixing well together. Return to the oven for 20 minutes. Looks like there is too much liquid but there is not.

3. Add prawns, stir & return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through. Until the last mins it still looks like you have too much liquid but you dont.

I 100% guarantee this will woo any women/men that you lads want. If I get any positive feedback I may do another one next week.

Anyone going to attempt this. Even a idiot could do it as all you need to do is be able to pour things into a dish.

DtS

* As a disclaminer dont blame me if your ill.....

Well this 'idiot' has tried it, I liked the look of it and so it's in the oven as I type this, and the Muscadet is in the fridge chilling. :clap:

I'll let you know what it's like & more importantly what Mrs. Beaver thought of it. :unsure:

If this is a success Dave, i might chip in with a tasty desert of Creme brulee. Always a winner, especially with the blow torch!!!

Well this 'idiot' has tried it, I liked the look of it and so it's in the oven as I type this, and the Muscadet is in the fridge chilling. :clap:

I'll let you know what it's like & more importantly what Mrs. Beaver thought of it. :unsure:

Thanks for taking part Beaver....

What is the feedback....

Thanks for taking part Beaver....

What is the feedback....

Well I survived the night without any stomach problems :whistling:

Seriously though, it was very nice indeed. It was easy to prepare (and I hate that bit !!!), your cooking times were spot on, however people be warned, as I would say that the dish could easily serve 3-4 as there was more than enough for myself & Mrs. Beaver.

We both found the taste a bit 'earthy', and I slightly overdid it with the Rosemary so it was quite fragrant, but having said that the mixture of flavours were very nice.

Just to add it was served with Garlic Ciabatta & a glass or two of chilled Muscadet.

So the big question - would we try it again & would we cook it for friends.
The answer: Yes we would.

Nice one :clap:

In return for this recipe I will be posting one later which can be used as a side or main dish :dim:

I've printed this recipe off for the missus. Think I'll fancy that meal when I get home from football on Tuesday.

Well I survived the night without any stomach problems :whistling:

Seriously though, it was very nice indeed. It was easy to prepare (and I hate that bit !!!), your cooking times were spot on, however people be warned, as I would say that the dish could easily serve 3-4 as there was more than enough for myself & Mrs. Beaver.

We both found the taste a bit 'earthy', and I slightly overdid it with the Rosemary so it was quite fragrant, but having said that the mixture of flavours were very nice.

Just to add it was served with Garlic Ciabatta & a glass or two of chilled Muscadet.

So the big question - would we try it again & would we cook it for friends.
The answer: Yes we would.

Nice one :clap:

In return for this recipe I will be posting one later which can be used as a side or main dish :dim:

Beaver - my hero.

Thanks for taking the leap of faith.....Really glad you cooked it and it went well. The earth taste may have been down to the stock now fully disolved?

Either way thanks for trying it and the feed back..

Rep has been given - Full respect from me.

DtS

Beaver - my hero.

Thanks for taking the leap of faith.....Really glad you cooked it and it went well. The earth taste may have been down to the stock now fully disolved?

ahh, now I get it. You publish a recipe, get somoene to try it, and if its ok you can use it yourself. Very astute.

Well after reading that Beaver did this recipe last night, and I needed something easy to do for tonight's dinner I decided to give it a go.

The beauty was the no nonsense approach, which allowed me to get ready whilst also putting the kids to bed (my task at weekends) Got all the prep work done (thanks to the Magimix for extra ease) whilst they sat and watched 64 Zoo Lane. Whacked in the tommies and stuff. Got the kids undressed and washed then back down to add the next load of stuff. Back upstairs for bedtime story, back down to start washing up add the prawns and finish clearing up, set table, pour myself a chilled glass of Muscadet.

Wife walks in after finishing her work. She is impressed not only with my organisational skills but a great tasting meal. :clap:

The only thing I did different was to reduce the stock to compensate for the glass of wine I chucked in it, also added 1tsp of Smoked Paprika but that was all and it did taste great Dave thanks. It will definitely be something I will do again on Saturday as it is great food but no hassle.

Jess usually does a mean risotto and she suggested maybe adding some parmesan next time for a creamier finish.

Last edited:
Well after reading that Beaver did this recipe last night, and I needed something easy to do for tonight's dinner I decided to give it a go.

The beauty was the no nonsense approach, which allowed me to get ready whilst also putting the kids to bed (my task at weekends) Got all the prep work done (thanks to the Magimix for extra ease) whilst they sat and watched 64 Zoo Lane. Whacked in the tommies and stuff. Got the kids undressed and washed then back down to add the next load of stuff. Back upstairs for bedtime story, back down to start washing up add the prawns and finish clearing up, set table, pour myself a chilled glass of Muscadet.

Wife walks in after finishing her work. She is impressed not only with my organisational skills but a great tasting meal. :clap:

The only thing I did different was to reduce the stock to compensate for the glass of wine I chucked in it, also added 1tsp of Smoked Paprika but that was all and it did taste great Dave thanks. It will definitely be something I will do again on Saturday as it is great food but no hassle.

Jess usually does a mean risotto and she suggested maybe adding some parmesan next time for a creamier finish.

Glad I wasn't the only one to try it.
Like the adding of the Wine & Paprika, but Parmesan :puke - Cheese of the Devil :finger:

Glad I wasn't the only one to try it.
Like the adding of the Wine & Paprika, but Parmesan :puke - Cheese of the Devil :finger:

Not bad for week one.....Thanks for the two that have tried it so far and maybe Uxbridge to follow.

To clear up Steveos point I have cooked this twenty times plus.

Dave

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back