• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Dave Martin set to join Ipswich as goalkeeping coach

Transfer news
As good as a number 2 at this level or dare say it the level above- premier league experience, still able to play and has knowledge that we can only dream of.

Goes with my best wishes, come to us when we had the begging bowl out and seems to have been a great signing all round in his time here..

Big loss. Either someone similar transitioning into coaching and a no 2 when needed or a youngster coming though.

Any more on the GK production line in the youths?

Big loss. Either someone similar transitioning into coaching and a no 2 when needed or a youngster coming though.

Any more on the GK production line in the youths?
The production line has been dissembled.

The u23s have gone, the Academy has gone, the u16s through to u8s are gone.

If we need a youngster now we need to look to John Still’s scouting network.

who can blame him accepting this offer and will be a loss for us and for young Colin but I wish him the very best of luck in his new venture and hope he does well at Ipswich

How long before Ipswich send a scout for Collin?
Somehow, I think Ipswich could be sending more than a scout. The fact that Colin turned up for pre-season training having lost a lot of weight and looking tremendously fit indicates we will probably be lucky to keep our no. 1 goalkeeper for very long. I would imagine Ipswich are already very aware of Colin's outstanding potential to mature into a top-flight goalkeeper.

Somehow, I think Ipswich could be sending more than a scout. The fact that Colin turned up for pre-season training having lost a lot of weight and looking tremendously fit indicates we will probably be lucky to keep our no. 1 goalkeeper for very long. I would imagine Ipswich are already very aware of Colin's outstanding potential to mature into a top-flight goalkeeper.
Collin is contracted to us until 2026, so if he does go, it won't be for nothing.

Collin. With two L's please. We're going to give him the respect he deserves here.

Back