• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Daniel Bentley

Don't suppose he is to bothered where he plays on half a mill a year.

Little sad though isn’t it? Money is great and all but I’m sure he’s already set fairly alright and earned more than I could in 100 years. I’d want to test myself as a number 1, play more and given his noteworthy professionalism feels like he should be playing. Just feels like a waste of talent and work ethic to me but I’m probably getting old.

Wolves rejected a first Arsenal bid of £50,000. Not sure what Dan will think of Arsenal valuing him at that...

I’d be well surprised even if they sold him for under 1 million pounds, his a prem keeper with his best years in front of him yet.

What a p!ss take of an offer! Arsenal have just got Raya on a permanent contract from Brentford. I bet his signing on fee was more than £50k, let alone his weekly mega wage.

Arsenal have signed Tommy Setford from Ajax, so I’d have thought that would end their pursuit of Dan.
Probably for the best! He would just sit on the bench at Arsenal. He is more likely to push his way into the Wolves starting line up. Or try and get a move to another prem club.

Still think that England call up will happen.

Arsenal have signed Tommy Setford from Ajax, so I’d have thought that would end their pursuit of Dan.
I'd be surprised if Setford is meant to be an alternative to Bentley. Third choice keepers for premier league sides typically are signed because they can challenge attackers during training matches, Setford isn't an established professional keeper so he isn't going to do that. He'll have been signed for the youths, even if Bentley doesn't sign for Arsenal I'd expect them to still be in the market for a keeper.

The 50k was a mistake in the article and has been recycled by different outlets. It was a 7 digit figure though .

Probably for the best! He would just sit on the bench at Arsenal. He is more likely to push his way into the Wolves starting line up. Or try and get a move to another prem club.

Still think that England call up will happen.
Wolves just signed Sam Johnstone as number 2.

Back