• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Daniel Bentley

tommy tucker

Manager
Watched the Brentford game this evening Bentley had so little to do he could have read a news paper during the match When called in to action he did what he had to do .Just wondering if a fee for him has finaly been settled .Wish him well for thye rest of the season .

Watched the Brentford game this evening Bentley had so little to do he could have read a news paper during the match When called in to action he did what he had to do .Just wondering if a fee for him has finaly been settled .Wish him well for thye rest of the season .
No, tribunal in the New Year we were told, so hope to find out some news in January.

I hope to be seeing him play for Brentford at Fulham the day before our game with Bury at the end of April.Hope he costs the Bees a fortune.:smile:

Bet Brentford wont wait for the 20 mill everton are said to be ready to shell out for there striker .As soon as there cash rolls in they should be made to pay a fair price for Bentley

Bet Brentford wont wait for the 20 mill Everton are said to be ready to shell out for their striker. As soon as there cash rolls in they should be made to pay a fair price for Bentley

All in favour of getting a fair price for Bentley (although when I think of it I am also quite happy for Brentford to pay over the odds for him as well) but don't think the fact that Brentford have sold another player for some large dosh will be taken into account I'm afraid.

I read and posted an article about a £750k offer that was made and rejected by the club. It's a tempting offer for a club run like ours, cash money right now, but a low offer.

I don't think we'll have any problem getting £1m+ plus add-ons and Brentford know that too.

I read and posted an article about a £750k offer that was made and rejected by the club. It's a tempting offer for a club run like ours, cash money right now, but a low offer.

I don't think we'll have any problem getting £1m+ plus add-ons and Brentford know that too.
will be very surprised if we £1m up front but I hope we do, he has been playing well for Brentford also, great signing for them:thumbsup:

See he’s being linked to Arsenal as a back-up keeper. Probably due to his professionalism, excellent training habit and being ready to come and perform at any time. Sure back up keeper pays well in the Prem but always felt he deserved more of a crack a number one in the top division.

Back to where he came from originally as a youth player.

Really hope it works out for him, I still think he will get that England cap.

See he’s being linked to Arsenal as a back-up keeper. Probably due to his professionalism, excellent training habit and being ready to come and perform at any time. Sure back up keeper pays well in the Prem but always felt he deserved more of a crack a number one in the top division.
It seemed a lot of Wolves fans thought so too.

Alas the Big boys like an overseas players, rather than take a dip into the local talent on their door step x

Alas the Big boys like an overseas players, rather than take a dip into the local talent on their door step x
Until last season Aaron Ramsdale was Arsenal's first choice keeper, who is English. He's been usurped by David Raya but you can't say that Ramsdale wasn't given plenty of time to prove himself, he just wasn't good enough.

Not so much when you're talking about a back-up goalkeeper and need to fulfill homegrown quotas for the PL and Champions League.

Out of 40 goalkeepers to play in the PL last season, 11 were English, though only 4 started more than half of games. Dan ranked 9th of those 11 for minutes, but only Pickford had a higher percentage of clean sheets.

Not so much when you're talking about a back-up goalkeeper and need to fulfill homegrown quotas for the PL and Champions League.

Out of 40 goalkeepers to play in the PL last season, 11 were English, though only 4 started more than half of games. Dan ranked 9th of those 11 for minutes, but only Pickford had a higher percentage of clean sheets.
There is the argument only 4 started more than half of games, and how many were league or just cup games with fringe players

Don't suppose he is to bothered where he plays on half a mill a year.

There is the argument only 4 started more than half of games, and how many were league or just cup games with fringe players
Exactly. Lots of English goalkeepers on the books of clubs and not playing any, or like Dan playing a few games when first choice is injured. 38-year-old Scott Carson is going into his 6th season with Manchester City and has played a grand total of 117 minutes in two appearances for them since joining in 2019.

Until last season Aaron Ramsdale was Arsenal's first choice keeper, who is English. He's been usurped by David Raya but you can't say that Ramsdale wasn't given plenty of time to prove himself, he just wasn't good enough.
That’s subject to who talk with, end of the day the manager is the one who decides a players career and the path it can take
Another Bart v Flavs situation 😂

Back