• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Curries whats best to eat?

Onion Bhaji's
King Prawn Dhansak
Pilau Rice
Keema Naan

If my old man's with me, we usually get a Dhansak and a Chicken Bidami(sp) and share them.

There's only one place to go in Southend these days, Indian Valley just next to Simply Blues. Great food, great service and a great little restaurant.

The Council environmental health people had a field day in there according to the Echo. They closed it and there were photos of nasty stuff in the paper a week or so ago. Not very hygienic.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/4995608.Leigh_Indian_restaurant_owner_fined_for_filthy_kitchen/

The Council environmental health people had a field day in there recently according to the Echo. Not sure if they closed it but there were photos of nasty stuff in the paper a week or so ago. Not very hygenic.

In all fairness, As long as I'm not seeing the inside of my stomach the next day I couldn't really care less... I've never had anything other than a great meal in there.

I remember when they closed the Royal Tandoori in Rochford by the Station, Didn't stop half the people I know still going there because the food was pretty good back then.

In all fairness, As long as I'm not seeing the inside of my stomach the next day I couldn't really care less... I've never had anything other than a great meal in there.

I remember when they closed the Royal Tandoori in Rochford by the Station, Didn't stop half the people I know still going there because the food was pretty good back then.

Personally I prefer not to run the risk of being poisoned.

*Side order of curried mouse poo and cockroaches for ESB*

My mate's mum worked at Environmental Health and, according to her, if you didn't eat at all the places who have/have had warnings then you wouldn't eat out at all...

It's been mentioned countless times on here, but The Gulshan is another good little Indian and within shouting distance of Roots Hall.

I have worked in pest control and most of the jobs i did where in indian resteraunts. Cockroach central. When your from the 3rd world you dont see a problem with it.

On another note, my mates flat backs onto the tandoori parlour in thundersley and that is minging out back. We have seen some proper wrong things.

I made an egg bhuna recently. Which was better than it sounds.

Normally, have a jalfrezi, or a sag. Chicken normally.

Although when I was in India last, it was sheekh kebabs, fish curry and lots of masala omelettes all the way.

I made an egg bhuna recently. Which was better than it sounds.

I remember going to a curry place just near Brentwood Station back in the late 80's when I was pretty new to Indian Cuisine. It was my favourite restaurant of the time.

According to the waiter the hottest curry on the menu was the 'Egg Vindaloo' my brother nearly ordered it but had a change of heart at the last minute.

Probably for the best I think.

I remember going to a curry place just near Brentwood Station back in the late 80's when I was pretty new to Indian Cuisine. It was my favourite restaurant of the time.

According to the waiter the hottest curry on the menu was the 'Egg Vindaloo' my brother nearly ordered it but had a change of heart at the last minute.

Probably for the best I think.

Is that one up the hill on the left, the Ramonji?(something like that)

A great place to get a curry from

Le Raj, just along from Bellinis and the Elms in Leigh is a cracking curry house. Recently re-opened after a fire, top food and good beer also. Very reasonable prices.

Can't go wrong with a Dhansak or a Ceylon (the latter is a Madras, but with coconut added). That, a bindi bhaji (okra), muttar paneer (cheesy peas), a chapati and some lager... pretty much culinary perfection.

Back