• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Curries whats best to eat?

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Me and the mrs have a take away about once a month and have the following being the gannetts that we are.

Tikka Rogan Josh
Tikka Passanda
Mushroom Rice
Sag Aloo
Garlic Naan
Kemma Naan
Onion Salad
Lime Pickle

All courtesy of the shampan in benfleet.

Dont get me wrong ive never been dissapointed , but truth be told id like a curry with a little bit more hello there. The mrs isnt one for spice, well not in a curry sense (steady) so i stick to the mild for a bit of good old mix and match.

Just wondered what everybody else has and from where , just to be nosey really.

My particular favourite has to be the Pathia. Plenty of spice, but with flavour rather than burn. Not had one in ages, and feel hungry now, damn this thread!

I dont think you can beat a good Chicken Madras. Going out for a few beers tomorrow night, im sure i'll get one.

Chicken Dhansak
Onion Bhaji
Pilau Rice
Peshwari Naan

Tandoorian Nights London Road Leigh on Sea

Top Nosh, Top Restaurant.

Vegetable madras
Pilau rice
Popadums with mango chutney
Bombay aloo
Garlic naan

AMAZING

One of these two.

Chicken Jalfrezi or Madras
Bindi Bhaji (Okra ftw)
Pilau rice
Keema Naan

Chicken Tikka Main
Bindi Bhaji
Chana Massala (Chickpea) or Bombay Aloo
Keema Naan

Blimey I could murder a curry now.

Lamb Tikka to start
Special Chicken Chilli Massala
Bombay Aloo
Mushroom Rice
Peshwari Naan

All courtesy of Tandoori Nights in Shenfield, which was my local curry haunt for many a year.

Chicken Dhansak
Onion Bhaji
Pilau Rice
Peshwari Naan

Tandoorian Nights London Road Leigh on Sea

Top Nosh, Top Restaurant.

Used to go to the one opposite called the mughal dynasty.
We all used to spend sunday in the harry and then into there , that was until the was a mass brawl over a naan bread.

Still get dirty looks now and that was about 6 years ago.

Used to go to the one opposite called the mughal dynasty.
We all used to spend sunday in the harry and then into there , that was until the was a mass brawl over a naan bread.

Still get dirty looks now and that was about 6 years ago.

I haven't been back to the mugal since we were told off for throwing hot towels up into the spinning fans on the ceiling and causing them to fly accross the room into customers dinner!

I'm a big fan of Bombay Spice and Leigh Tandoori

Onion Bhaji's
King Prawn Dhansak
Pilau Rice
Keema Naan

If my old man's with me, we usually get a Dhansak and a Chicken Bidami(sp) and share them.

There's only one place to go in Southend these days, Indian Valley just next to Simply Blues. Great food, great service and a great little restaurant.

I've never really worked out what the best curry dishes are, but I'm a bit spoiled up in London with all 3 local takeaway restaurants doing some cracking stuff.

Sag chana is a winner at one. I really rate spinach in curries and combine it with some decent flavours, chick peas, cream and chicken and you get a dish made in heaven.

Also - this can be more hit and miss - fish in curry is usually awesome. Some places are crap at it, so anywhere whose idea of a King Prawn Dansak is 7 peeled frozen prawns you need a microscope to spot isn't going to do it very well. But seriously, white fish in curries is great. Ate it loads in India and any Bangladeshi curry house (which is 75% of them) in this fair isle should have it as an option.

I'd also really rate keeping it simple when it comes to meat. All those stuffed dishes and weird fusion recipes usually pale when compared to some decent, well-seasoned tikka. Anyone whose had the chops at Tayyabs / Lahore or the skewed oven cooked chicken at one of the Lasan places will know what I mean.

Usually though, I always think you can't go wrong with Chicken karahi, Sag aloo, Mushroom Pilau rice and a chapati to mop it all up...

Back