• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Conservative Leadership Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supernaut

And I used to be a citizen⭐
Gove has just thrown his hat in the ring - doesn't believe BoJo is the man for the job.
Never saw that coming.

Just backed May at 2.30.

Very good piece in The Times today arguing why Boris would be such an awful PM. Here are the final couple of paragraphs...

"His gravest flaw is that even he doesn’t know what he stands for, as we saw this week. A former aide says he changes position constantly because his focus is always on pleasing the audience of the moment, whether it’s billionaire property developers, campaigners for affordable housing or Eurosceptics who might make him PM.

Boris could get away with this as a figurehead mayor. But now all our futures may depend on this evasive, crowd-pleasing clown. To govern is to choose, a responsibility he is psychologically and practically unfitted to bear. The Tory party will be fools if they now choose him to govern."

Just backed May at 2.30.

Very good piece in The Times today arguing why Boris would be such an awful PM. Here are the final couple of paragraphs...

"His gravest flaw is that even he doesn’t know what he stands for, as we saw this week. A former aide says he changes position constantly because his focus is always on pleasing the audience of the moment, whether it’s billionaire property developers, campaigners for affordable housing or Eurosceptics who might make him PM.

Boris could get away with this as a figurehead mayor. But now all our futures may depend on this evasive, crowd-pleasing clown. To govern is to choose, a responsibility he is psychologically and practically unfitted to bear. The Tory party will be fools if they now choose him to govern."
Love it! They'd be mad to choose him as leader - I've said all along that I cannot see the Tories winning an election with him at the helm.

Great quote from Theresa May on Boris;

"...the last time he negotiated with the EU he came back with three nearly new water canons".

:hilarious:

I'd imagine Gove will split the Johnson support a bit, leaving Theresa May as the favourite.

Johnson is a lazy flip-flop. Gove is an idiot.

Screen+Shot+2013-01-28+at+16.22.19.png

Johnson drifting like a barge in the betting. From 5/2 to 11/2 in an hour.

May now odds-on.

This is the greatest...

May as next prime minister.....pro European too.....lol
As I posted on other thread we will remain in the single market.....loving the free movement rules that go with it.....brexit!!!! Well almost

I believe the final showdown will come down to May and Gove.......any tories want to shed some light on who would win.

I;m a Gove supporter - I know someone personally who has worked in the civil service under him and he is incredibly bright. He has reversed almost all of Grayling's crazy decisions in Justice, and knows how the media works as an ex-journo. If he can rein his wife in a bit that'd help/

I;m a Gove supporter - I know someone personally who has worked in the civil service under him and he is incredibly bright. He has reversed almost all of Grayling's crazy decisions in Justice, and knows how the media works as an ex-journo. If he can rein his wife in a bit that'd help/

Well, he'll obviously get the teachers vote. :smile:

hahaha ****ing hell. He really is a lazy and indecisive dick.

That he may be but one thing he's not, is stupid. Obviously sounded out that he won't win and has withdrawn to avoid the humiliation. Will be interesting to hear what reasons he gives. What an incredible week in British politics! .......and it just keeps going on and on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back