• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cold turkey has set in already!

Shrimpergonzo

Nanu, Nanu⭐🦐
Staff member
I'm the same every year at the end of the football season. I know we've got Euro 2004 to look forward to, but my life seems so empty without a blues game to look forward to.

I know the fixtures come out on June 24th - does anyone know the date of the 1st scheduled league game? I've got a nasty feeling that it's going to be the day that we've been invited to a wedding (14th August). The person is not a close friend so I might twist the wife's arm and say we'll just go to the evening do if the blues are at home!

Any info (Carling Cup dates, LDV dates, pre-season friendlies etc.) would be appreciated.

I just need a blues fix to keep me going!

Also - anyone know when clubs have to release their list of retained players by? I know we've heard that Jupp and Petts have signed but it would be nice to get a bit more news about who is being retained or released. Has Tilly said when he might announce things?

Toatally agree with you Garry!

The season has only been over for all of two days and already I am remorselessly checkin the board for news of signings etc etc. Roll on august! Already planning my away days!

And another question - what was our average home crowd for this season? I see that the 3rd division was up a massive 21% this year - probably due to Hull mainly - but I sense ours was better than usual too.

I quite enjoy the couple of weeks after the season finishes. Nice not to have to worry about football for a while!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ May 11 2004,11:55)]what was our average home crowd for this season?
I don't think anyone can answer that question... but somebody might be able to tell you what our average 'official' home crowd was.

tounge.gif

Oh no, Mole might be reading this!
ghostface.gif

I'm not 100% certain, but if I remeber rightly, yesterday's Times had our average attendance at a bit over 4,500.

Yup, average league attendance was at 4,535, which is fantastic...

I'll dig out my long and boring thread (!) and update a few of the key stats.

ghostface.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 11 2004,11:10)]I'll dig out my long and boring thread (!) and update a few of the key stats.

ghostface.gif

Matt
I've still not finished reading that yet Matt!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 11 2004,11:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southend Shrimp @ May 11 2004,11:09)]Average home crowd this season (league games only) 4511
Last season  3951
Huh?  4,535 according to Statmail, who aren't often wrong...?

Matt
Got mine from Nationwide 3, Statmail is more then likely right...
wink.gif

It's over 4500 anyway
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 11 2004,11:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 11 2004,11:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 11 2004,12:10)]I'll dig out my long and boring thread
Which one?

laugh.gif
All of 'em in which I'm involved, no doubt...

sad.gif

ghostface.gif
Matt,

Did I hear correctly that there is a new book being published shortly........

"Matt the Shrimp post's for Dummies!"

Suit the likes of FM I suppose!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ May 11 2004,10:37)]I'm the same every year at the end of the football season. I know we've got Euro 2004 to look forward to, but my life seems so empty without a blues game to look forward to.

I know the fixtures come out on June 24th - does anyone know the date of the 1st scheduled league game? I've got a nasty feeling that it's going to be the day that we've been invited to a wedding (14th August). The person is not a close friend so I might twist the wife's arm and say we'll just go to the evening do if the blues are at home!

Any info (Carling Cup dates, LDV dates, pre-season friendlies etc.) would be appreciated.

I just need a blues fix to keep me going!

Also - anyone know when clubs have to release their list of retained players by? I know we've heard that Jupp and Petts have signed but it would be nice to get a bit more news about who is being retained or released. Has Tilly said when he might announce things?
Pre-season

Leyton Orient
Dagenham
Billericay
Millwall
Brighton

Not sure of dates.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southend Shrimp @ May 11 2004,12:40)]Millwall
Brighton
Sat July 24th Daggers - Away
Mon July 26th Billericay - Away
Wed July 28th Borient - Home
Sat July 31st Grays - Away

Where did you hear about Brighton? I knew that Millwall was a possibility.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 11 2004,13:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southend Shrimp @ May 11 2004,12:40)]Millwall
Brighton
Sat July 24th    Daggers - Away
Mon July 26th   Billericay - Away
Wed July 28th   Borient - Home
Sat July 31st     Grays - Away

Where did you hear about Brighton?  I knew that Millwall was a possibility.
It's in the Echo, but dates have yet to be confirmed.

Add to that list East Thurrock aswell.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ May 11 2004,13:09)]We are also playing East Thurrock United away
Great

dont they play at the hotel ?? only minutes from my new home !!

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 11 2004,12:17)]Did I hear correctly that there is a new book being published shortly........

"Matt the Shrimp post's for Dummies!"
I would never countenance a book being published in my name which was full of such basic grammatical errors as, for example, using an apostrophe to denote the plural...

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

Back