• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chin Up, Chaps

I can't see you being relegated to be honest

From what I saw on Monday, with Scannell and Laurent you have players are capable for beating men and likely to induce free-kicks etc.. Spencer seemed to have potential but I couldn't work out if the lack of clear-cut chances he got was down to his lack of positioning/poor through balls or a combination of both.

Again, based on Monday alone I would say that he and Vernon will produce some good link up play - Vernon is strong (although not a true "target man") and will hold the ball up well, also makes some good runs and will prob put away at least 1 of 3 or 4 chances - more on a good day.

Despite the ****-up on Monday, Barrett is still a good solid defender, Mvoto looked shakey but seemed to settle in 2nd half - Don't underestimate just how calming the influence of Baldwin will be on the back line - he is a natural leader (with or without the captains armband)

The one thing I thought was missing on monday night was a midfield battler, someone to stick in challanges, dominate opposition, mix it up and play the simple ball - forgive my ignorance but do you have someone like that who didn't play on Monday?

Can see you picking up enough decent results over next couple of months to move clear - I would have thought that you have the players to counter attack well enough to get at least a couple of wins away too as your attacking players will have more space to work in.

The one thing I thought was missing on monday night was a midfield battler, someone to stick in challanges, dominate opposition, mix it up and play the simple ball - forgive my ignorance but do you have someone like that who didn't play on Monday?

As i eluded to on the "Moussa" thread, (and i'm sure OBL will love to tell you) we were missing Alan McCormack, both at your place and against Swindon last week. I've been doubting his abilities lately, and tbh he has been dire at times, but these last to games have shown why we need him in the centre

Oh Kay, you are a one ...

I can see-ee you! :obl:

Anthony Grant is unfortunately injured.

You're obviously desperate to recoup the fiver you've already lost on Owen not making the squad for South Africa.:)
Okay I'll take the bet.;)

That's not the reason, actually ... you've made your points repeatedly over the last few days about our dire situation in other threads and I just wanted to see if you really meant it, now such a huge sum is at stake. :)
ps talking about bets, don't forget the Espanyol-Bar$a one ... what date is that game?

That's not the reason, actually ... you've made your points repeatedly over the last few days about our dire situation in other threads and I just wanted to see if you really meant it, now such a huge sum is at stake. :)
ps talking about bets, don't forget the Espanyol-Bar$a one ... what date is that game?

I hadn't forgotten-in fact I nearly included a reminder to you in my post-:)
The Catalan derby will be on Sat/Sunday 17/18th April.
BTW although I'm quite serious about our chances of going down I'd be quite happy to lose a fiver to you on that particular bet,if not the others.:clap:

:clap: As GraysBlue and Shrimpero have already alluded to, a certain Mr McCormack would have shaken you up on Monday!!!

Back