• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charlie Sayers

I wonder if we benefit financially from that contract, now, or on future appearances/progress made?

Fully old game isn't it. Didn't see that one coming. Well done to Charlie who must have played his way into this position.

Almost like folk who judge 17 year old left backs making their first pro appearances in an awful team coached by an imbecile aren't the best people to critique soccer players!
I made a judgment on Charlie in less than 10 minutes of his debut at Solihull. I had spent the time studying him closely and was surprised to find out he was only 17. So I txt a friend to say destined for bigger things. It was his reading and positioning that impressed the most.

I was amazed when some chose to slag after his home debut. The sad thing is after winning 1-0 he quickly trudged with his head down as this was the height of the Ron out campaign. Perfect timing for a PL club to make an offer no one could refuse.

Some fans need reminding at 17 years of age they have signed potential not the completed product. So good luck to him he has a lot of hard work ahead.

He did turn 18 a couple of days ago, so from my FM days, this usually is the time professional contracts are signed by scholars.

Would have been great to see how he did for us with the new coaching staff. With only Clifford as a left wing-back, he would have surely got games when he was unavailable.

He did turn 18 a couple of days ago, so from my FM days, this usually is the time professional contracts are signed by scholars.

Would have been great to see how he did for us with the new coaching staff. With only Clifford as a left wing-back, he would have surely got games when he was unavailable.

It must of been one of his first touches at Solihull, where he looked up and played areal good 60yd ball down the channel. The rest of our team were asleep. They probably expected a save square pointless pass to a CB. Or the easy pass to a CM who has no intention of turning and opts for going back, even to the keeper......Sadly this has crept into our current form in the last 6 games. Before that we were far more positive and attacked with speed and real intent.

Charlie also had a decent left foot on him so could easily slipped into the role of corner and free kick taker. I mentioned reading and positioning in the previous post and this is an area where Clifford needs to improve. Elvis is the same.

The best full backs make defending the back post an art. Its the ones who shield a cross out with touching the ball but the attacker doesn't get a sniff. Like wise they should always know where their man is for header. There is only one thing worse than letting them get in front of you or heading out for a corner with no one behind you.....Thats not dealing with it at all (from memory Ralph at Halifax 1st goal)....But I like him as a player.

Charlie has been included in Spurs squad for their pre-season tour.

Not many youngster on the trip, must be highly thought of.

View attachment 20956
According to a Spurs supporting mate of mine over here (who now also follows us), 10 young platers were invited to train with the first team squad, of which, the best 4 would be selected to join the tour.

Sayers was the youngest to make that 4. He got game time today.

I made a judgment on Charlie in less than 10 minutes of his debut at Solihull. I had spent the time studying him closely and was surprised to find out he was only 17. So I txt a friend to say destined for bigger things. It was his reading and positioning that impressed the most.

I was amazed when some chose to slag after his home debut. The sad thing is after winning 1-0 he quickly trudged with his head down as this was the height of the Ron out campaign. Perfect timing for a PL club to make an offer no one could refuse.

Some fans need reminding at 17 years of age they have signed potential not the completed product. So good luck to him he has a lot of hard work ahead.

I really rated him and thought he would end up in our first team very quickly; wasn't surprised to see him picked up, though maybe it was earlier than I expected.

Hope he does well.

He’s doing incredibly well at the moment. Very well done Charlie! Wasn’t surprised he was included in our first team so early. For such a young lad, physically he was a man. Looked like he had all the attributes to play far higher. Hopefully it also means a little chunk of money our way if he makes a first team appearance.

I really rated him and thought he would end up in our first team very quickly; wasn't surprised to see him picked up, though maybe it was earlier than I expected.

Hope he does well.
I thought he looked raw but when I found out he was only 17 I couldn’t believe how well he played for someone of that age.

Shame he didn’t stay longer and get more of a chance.

Back