• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Championship striker we tried to loan was......

So because we won't reveal who we tried to sign, and might go back for in the future, it means it's definitely Freddy? A genius assumption.

no but its true,

answer this

why is tilly being so secretive on who it is?
So the conspiracy is all it is then.

There's many reasons why he would be secretive, a) so other clubs don't become aware of the type of player we are going for, b) so rivals nearer his location dont sign him and bolster their squad, c) as to not give any ammunition for people to say 'oh look another publicity stunt, we tried to sign X'.....

So because we won't reveal who we tried to sign, and might go back for in the future, it means it's definitely Freddy? A genius assumption.

Not much chance of that and who would want to go back in for a player who dont want to be hear.
As stated by ron and tilly on various occasions.leon clarke fallon etc.....

I was told from my dad who knows a guy who talks to who is neighbours with the clubs solicitors Paul Robinson that it was freddy who we were trying to bring in.

I was told from my dad who knows a guy who talks to who is neighbours with the clubs solicitors Paul Robinson that it was freddy who we were trying to bring in.

With Coventry in the 6th round of the cup on saturday, and Freddy being a regular squad member, albeit recently on the bench, i cant imagine them wanting to ship him out at the moment.

If eastwood came here it would be a massive step back in his career, millions in transfer fees international football inc Germany away, and he has to come back to league 1 to score a goal.

Plus what would that say about Tilly, only successful with a freddy in the team?

He was loved here, but face it Freddy days are over, stop going on about him!

firstly, i don't think it would be a massive step back at all. theres nothing wrong with coming back here and rekindling the form that made he a star.

secondly, the internatinal career shouldn't be that much of a problem. toshack has picked players who play at league 1/2 level.

thirdly, i don't think it says anything bad about tilly having a player like freddy in our team. every manager in the world would love to have a striker that bangs 20-30 goals every season. if thats the only way we're successfull, doesn't bother me,

fourth, freddy WAS loved here, thats one of the main reasons people go on about him so much. maybe it's just hope, maybe it's gut instinct, but everyone believes fred will be back playing in a southend shirt again. i don't think it was him we were after, but you never know!!! we can only hope!

I have been assured by "very reliable source" that most who have posted on this thread do not know what the **** they are actually talking about.

Tilly was only secretive about who he was trying to get in on loan because it was Freddy? If it wasn't so pathetic it would be laughable.

Well it can't have been Jevons as he's not a Championship striker. I'm not saying we didn't have him in mind too but it wouldn't tally with what Tilly has said on more than one occasion, that the player we were after was from a Championship club.

I said at the time it had Liam Dickinson all over it in my opinion and I still think this may well have been the man in question. He has apparently turned down a few loan moves as Tilly said, probably cos he's waiting for Leeds to come back in.

Well it can't have been Jevons as he's not a Championship striker. I'm not saying we didn't have him in mind too but it wouldn't tally with what Tilly has said on more than one occasion, that the player we were after was from a Championship club.

I said at the time it had Liam Dickinson all over it in my opinion and I still think this may well have been the man in question. He has apparently turned down a few loan moves as Tilly said, probably cos he's waiting for Leeds to come back in.

Dickinson is injured at the moment so can't move. Also it was reported that the player was a 'proven' CCC striker currently out of favour. Dickinson has made 5 CCC starts scoring once.

Last edited:
Just seen on the BBC, Dickinson is set to move to Leeds on loan, Gary McSheffrey is set to join Forest and Blackpool have failed with loan bids for Shefki Kuqi and James Scowcroft.

Dickinson is injured at the moment so can't move. Also it was reported that the player was a 'proven' CCC striker currently out of favour. Dickinson has made 5 CCC starts scoring once.

No, Tilson described him as a proven front runner who is currently out of favour. Dickinson was proved at Stockport, and out of favour at Championship Derby.

As for Phil Jevons, thats laughable. He isn't even at a Championship Club.

I'd be very surprised if it was Dickinson. Staggered actually.

I think Hayter or MacLean would be much more realistic suggestions.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back