• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Businessmen hold talks in bid to save Southend United

With the way the bars are run at RH, can you imagine the queues for a Rossi, when 5k people get up at HT.
This is the first thing that needs to change, they need to invest in fit for purpose systems for quick service, how else are they going to make that match day revenue.

Was thinking the same. It's all gone very quiet since Jack was on Talksport
Which, tbf, he did say (Friday night?) is exactly what would happen. Assume talks are continuing but not can come out publically and a deal is close.

He is asking to hold a Twitter space Tues/Weds night for a specific reason, so guess we'll know more around then.

This is the first thing that needs to change, they need to invest in fit for purpose systems for quick service, how else are they going to make that match day revenue.

As they are looking to reduce the numbers in the Far Post to just 80 people. We simply don't have the facilities to make more money. Which is why the likes of Morecambe earn more form their stadium than RH does. There are always plenty of empty expensive seats in the Directors box because they can't fit more people in the Captains bar.

Places like Shrewsbury can fold various internal walls back to create huge area and have weddings etc in the summer. I dare say they have made more money in the last two months than we will in season.

Yes pop up bars and coffee vans would help but a cheap refurb of RH can surely not be in anyones business plan as they will be at least £10m before the first bit of asbestos roof is removed.

Most of you on here won't like it but don't think FF is over and buried. It certainly won't be for anyone looking too sell on in 5-10 years.

Most of you on here won't like it but don't think FF is over and buried. It certainly won't be for anyone looking too sell on in 5-10 years.
I hope you are right but I can't see it. Ron and his backers can now concentrate on what they know which is building accommodation on the FF site. They will ditch any idea of flats on RH as they don't own it, buy the Cecil Jones land if they don't already own it and build flats on the stadium site. I think they'll get permission as Southend needs more accommodation. And what they have ditched is an unprofitable football club and decrepit stadium. Good business.

I hope you are right but I can't see it. Ron and his backers can now concentrate on what they know which is building accommodation on the FF site. They will ditch any idea of flats on RH as they don't own it, buy the Cecil Jones land if they don't already own it and build flats on the stadium site. I think they'll get permission as Southend needs more accommodation. And what they have ditched is an unprofitable football club and decrepit stadium. Good business.
Indeed that the favourite at the moment. But with our history and also many other clubs takeovers failing in the first one or two years there is no guarantee that the grand plan won't change. Or its the next owner that develops RH or FF.

Hopefully never in Basildon:Cool:

Last edited:
So, who are the 5 people,do you think ?

I'll go with Mr Economou, Mr or Mrs Blue Boar, The Vicar of St. Mary's, Mr William Hill and the lady from the florist in West Street.

Worth reading the 2 page thread

From a decent Colchester United supporter

1690198124550.png

Privvy to a chat with someone who surprise surprise said they was involved in recent talks with Ron , but couldn;t proceed as quote ' you simply can not do business with that man '
This is what should bring caution to all fans that think this is all going to end up fine. Regardless of the buyer they still have to agree a deal with Ron. While he remains in control we are fcuk'd.

Last edited:
Which, tbf, he did say (Friday night?) is exactly what would happen. Assume talks are continuing but not can come out publically and a deal is close.

He is asking to hold a Twitter space Tues/Weds night for a specific reason, so guess we'll know more around then.
I wouldn’t assume that, my assumption would be that the group are still discussing their plans until we hear anything.

Of course they may have sorted that and put in the offer, but we’ve spent a few months assuming things are progressing when talks go silent when in fact it has been silence on the inside too, whether it’s weeks of DD or Ron not responding to Kimura.

Hopefully @CRATE’s insights regarding silence being a good thing is based on him still having his ear to the ground, but I wouldn’t personally assume the best case scenario until we hear that’s the case.

Back