• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT20 Leagues

MrB

Life President
Kick off tomorrow. Just a general warning that as this is an international competition, check your match start time! I play at 12:30 tomorrow at home then half past midnight on the 4th, had I not spotted that I'd have ended up with my firsts playing against a bunch of muppets on Wednesday.

Three easy games, have set myself up with a mixture of reserves and fit firsts to ensure no slip ups.

I have my easiest game tomorro (full XI on TIE), before facing an Indian II at home, and then the Champions of West Indies away.

I need to throw one. Do I throw it against the Indian side or the WI side?

My OD game on Friday is huge (playing away to a side with no points, I have 8, if I win this I'll be set for a top 6 finish already), so I'm thinking of throwing Thursday's fixture.

Toughest game of the week tomorrow, they have 3 players with BTR over 10k :), then I've got a BOT, then a side with top BTR of 8k. I think my reserves will be seeing some action!!

start with two home games with a trip to the WI in between, looking to get two wins out of the three, although the WI side have just spend 6 million on a near 100K WK/Bat, so I'm sure he'll kick my butt.

I have not worked out how to guage how strong my opponents are but will be assuming they are stronger than me. Will probably use these games to give fringe players a go just for the hell of it.

Kick off at home against an average English side, then face a Aussie side with a 174kBT (£52k wage) but he's on lively fitness and a couple of 70k BTR's but i should win that if i bowl them out cheaply. Then away against an Indian side who aint all that!

Kev

Sandwich Town CC v BATTY SHRIMPERS

We can tell you that BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a bit on the dry side. A fair bit of help for the spinners I think on this partially cloudy and humid day.

Got a couple of lesser 1st teamers playing, should win comfortably.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIBS DIPPERS v SwashbucklingTurkeys

We can tell you that DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking quite cracked! A field day for the seam bowlers I would reckon on this partially cloudy day.

Mrs BB up against a Level III Aussie side. She's at full-strength, but I think it will be tough.

End of Over 6: 56-0, runrate=9.33
Carragher 3-0-35-0
Swayne* 50 (27 balls)
Williams 6 (9 balls)

A one-man show so far from Swayney, he loves BT20.

Go Ressies

End of Over 7: 56-3, runrate=8.00
Ryan 2-0-22-0
Rendall* 25 (22 balls)
Bellwood 15 (8 balls)
Last Wicket: Ford lbw b. Stubbs 1 (FOW: 20/3)

And just under £50k in gate receipts

Be disappointed to lose from here.

The players are off the field for the break between innings.

End of Over 7: 8-10, runrate=1.14
Middleton 1-0-1-2
Breckin* 0 (0 balls)

This is my toughest game of the tournament

Sandwich Town CC v BATTY SHRIMPERS

BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Dusty

End of Over 8: 33-8, runrate=4.13
Subhani 1-0-7-1
Piper* 2 (2 balls)
Barness 6 (3 balls)

Last Wicket: Harvey lbw b. Subhani 5 (FOW: 27/8)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fairly level in Mrs BB's game.

DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 10: 71-3, runrate=7.10
Ballard 2-1-2-1
Downing* 21 (17 balls)
Nott 0 (5 balls)

Last Wicket: Benedict c. Bird b. Ballard 25 (FOW: 71/3)

Can't believe that:
a) it took us three overs and
b) we lost a wicket!

And that's the end of the match. ShrimperZone CC won by 9 wickets.
Wheres Fluffy 8-10
ShrimperZone CC 9-1

Short and sweet

And that's the end of the match. BATTY SHRIMPERS won by 9 wickets.
Sandwich Town CC 41-10
BATTY SHRIMPERS 43-1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Touch and go chase for Mrs BB

End of Over 20: 163-9, runrate=8.15
Eagles 4-1-34-3
Eyre* 0 (0 balls)
Nutter 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Morrison Run Out 10 (FOW: 163/9)

Mrs BB going well

End of Over 10: 91-2, runrate=9.10, reqrunrate=7.30 (163-9)
Tomlinson 2-0-11-1
Stride* 41 (22 balls)
Hutton 3 (4 balls)

Last Wicket: Eagles c. Morrison b. Tomlinson 40 (FOW: 59/2)

And that's the end of the match. Beyond Heresy won by 109 runs.
Beyond Heresy 184-2
Chassies 75-10

Mrs BB's game going to the wire.

End of Over 17: 138-3, runrate=8.12, reqrunrate=8.67 (163-9)
Nutter 3-0-22-0
Stride* 64 (42 balls)
Bird 9 (9 balls)

Last Wicket: Hutton lbw b. Martin 18 (FOW: 126/3)

Mrs BB won with 2 balls to spare. Good win for her.

And that's the end of the match. DIBS DIPPERS won by 7 wickets.
SwashbucklingTurkeys 163-9
DIBS DIPPERS 164-3

Bowled oppo out for 75 and won by 7 wickets, despite losing best two batsmen early on.

Hoping to win tomorrow, and then will be throwing the game versus NorCricket United on Thursday.

Back