• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From a Brizzle site ;

Take a look at the potential threats in the ranks of Saturday's visitors to the Mem, Southend United.
#10 - Simon Cox - Striker

The Republic of Ireland international arrived at Roots Hall this summer and has eleven goals to his name so far for the Shrimpers.

An experienced striker that has made over two-hundred-and-fifty appearances in his twelve year career, the twenty-nine-year-old was described by Phil Brown as a 'real coup for the Club' when he signed in July 2016.

Cox bagged his first goal for Southend in their 3-0 victory at Sheffield United back in August.

In recent games, the striker has found the net four times in his last ten outings.

#4 - Anthony Wordsworth - Midfielder

Now into his second season with Southend, the twenty-eight-year-old midfielder is enjoying a good run of form after returning from a lengthy injury lay-off at the start of the season.

Due to injury, the midfielder only made twenty-three appearances last term, but since finding full fitness a month into the 2016/17 season, Wordsworth has contributed a handy ten goals in all competitions from midfield.

The midfielder was on the scoresheet in Southend's comprehensive recent victory at Peterborough United towards the end of February and rescued a point for Southend during last Saturday's 1-1 draw at Port Vale.

#14 - Marc-Antoine Fortune - Striker

The thirty-five-year-old striker joined Southend as a free-agent in September and signed a contract extension with the club in January.

Previously the striker had enjoyed spells at West Brom, Celtic, Doncaster, Wigan and Coventry, ahead of his move to Roots Hall, where he once again formed a partnership with Simon Cox, who he had played alongside at West Brom.

The striker has been enjoying his best spell of form since the turn of the year, scoring five goals since the start of 2017, which included a brace in Southend's win over Peterborough United.

Stat ;

In their last 20 away games against teams positioned in the top half of the table, Southend have won 3, drawn 6 and lost 11 of these matches.

Has he ever been fit??

Heard that Ranger is not the best trainer at the club and that is a major reason why he keeps getting these niggly injuries.

Hope they get sorted as we need Ranger on the pitch - not in the treatment room.

I imagine he gets more injuries than most because he wasn't match fit when signed, he's had off the field issues and up front he's in yer face more than most.

I'm not confident, but I will be there!

Sod it, 1-0 nick it goal from Ferdinand 94th minute corner, pyro and limbs in the away end corner

Dropping down the table quicker than Paris Hilton's undies.

But that's no biggie for me. I truly think we're overachieving. Now if PB can keep,the nucleus of this squad I would really fancy our chances next season

Weather isn't looking wonderful but at least it's dry. Could do with avoiding a repeat of our last visit in 2014 which to this day I've still never been as wet.

Good feeling today - think we will nick a win. After watching us against PV last week, I think starting with a winger is imperative with one of Timlin or Wordsworth dropping out. If Ranger is fit, would be tempted to start him with Cox.

C6pHkIeWgAEtP-v.png

Back