• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Bridge happy to play centrally for the Shrimpers

in the season he turned 22 Gubbins played 40+ games in the league above. the management are thinking if we get him he could play the next 15 years for us. so potentially a great investment. so makes sense to get him, especially as Ralph will be injured for about 1/3 of the season. knock on is trying something different with Bridge. maybe it will work, maybe it won't. but I can see it's probably worth a try

I like Ralph in the back 3, as he also seems to be the one that adds pace at the back (I'm not sure whether it's because he's genuinely quicker, or is better at anticipating).

I just think we are a lot more stable with him in the 3, and the fact that Bridge always seems to look lost in CM, and has been excellent at left wing back (just look at the assists) why in the world would you consider chnaging it - that's what I don't understand!
Yep, agree with your thoughts about adding stability. I think Ralph is very quick over short distances which means he's very able to cover for bridges lack of defensive skills, freeing up Jack to cause havoc further up the wing

Jack is probably my favourite player for the Blues but that will very quickly change if his role is to carry on in central midfield. He is at his best when he is terrorising defenders down the wing and taking 3 players out of the game. He was virtually non existent last Saturday so this is farcical and a complete waste of arguably our most talented player 🤦🏼‍♂️ UTB 💙

Very hard to judge this. The line up against York, and their allotted positions, was a solution that only KM could see. I seriously doubt many, if any, fans predicted it or thought it worth trying. The side looked disjointed along with a combination of hapless and helpless. But, it was the first game of the season, against a very good outfit and maybe, with time, KM could be vindicated. Personally I think it was a mistake.

Back