• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Bridge happy to play centrally for the Shrimpers

When he come back and was playing centre mid I was thinking it was time to move him on - he did well at left wing back, keep him there

It was only to fit gubbins in any way possible! But if a mystery why that was seen as so importanf, but hopefully the lessons been learnt. Gubbins is nowhere near as good as Ralph on the left side of centre, and to be honest I don't see him fitting in a starting 11 currently.

Have to play your best players in their best position. Bridge looked completely lost Saturday not helped by only playing that role once in preseason against Bishop Stortford.

It was only to fit gubbins in any way possible! But if a mystery why that was seen as so importanf, but hopefully the lessons been learnt. Gubbins is nowhere near as good as Ralph on the left side of centre, and to be honest I don't see him fitting in a starting 11 currently.

Very odd after all the posts saying how Gubbins was a great signing. I thought he was very mediocre when on loan and poor on the ball. Not going to judge him on the 1 game Sat but he struggled badly.

Very odd after all the posts saying how Gubbins was a great signing. I thought he was very mediocre when on loan and poor on the ball. Not going to judge him on the 1 game Sat but he struggled badly.
But he’s a defender and will help build that brick wall in front of goal for all them 0-0,1-0 great entertainment games👍

I thought Hobson was absolutely useless in his first game but he turned out to be a good player for us, I agree that Gubbins was mediocre against York but it's too early to write him off.

Unfortunately, I thought he looked no different to last time I saw him play for us in a league match. Doesn't seem to have bulked up and gets a bit outmuscled whereas I feel kensdale who used to be similar did make efforts in this respect and improved hugely. Think Ralph is a far better option in that position. Additionally, his first instinct seems to be a long high ball rather than looking for the forward pass to feet.
He's apparently a nice guy though and keen to do well, so hopefully things work out and he develops well into a solid defender and useful member of the squad.

Unfortunately, I thought he looked no different to last time I saw him play for us in a league match. Doesn't seem to have bulked up and gets a bit outmuscled whereas I feel kensdale who used to be similar did make efforts in this respect and improved hugely. Think Ralph is a far better option in that position. Additionally, his first instinct seems to be a long high ball rather than looking for the forward pass to feet.
He's apparently a nice guy though and keen to do well, so hopefully things work out and he develops well into a solid defender and useful member of the squad.
I like Ralph in the back 3, as he also seems to be the one that adds pace at the back (I'm not sure whether it's because he's genuinely quicker, or is better at anticipating).

I just think we are a lot more stable with him in the 3, and the fact that Bridge always seems to look lost in CM, and has been excellent at left wing back (just look at the assists) why in the world would you consider chnaging it - that's what I don't understand!

Back