• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bradford 2moro

Leaving at 12 in the Mercedes along with Skoda Man , GNH , Mrs GNH and Scottish Steve. Looking for somewhere to eat in Bradford , is there any curry houses up there ?

I am going with 3 mates - Leaving Romford ( as we all work in City except our driver ) at 1pm....By Black BMW.

I fancy us for a cheeky draw.....1-1

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Aug. 08 2005,15:17)]Leaving at 12 in the Mercedes along with Skoda Man , GNH , Mrs GNH and Scottish Steve. Looking for somewhere to eat in Bradford , is there any curry houses up there ?
There might be one somewhere around ...
ghostface.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 08 2005,16:50)]Come on, OWN up, who is going??!!??
Bradford away on a Tuesday night? No chance. Been there, seen it, done it, nearly got kicked in in their pub back in the early 90's, etc...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Turpinator @ Aug. 08 2005,16:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 08 2005,16:50)]Come on, OWN up, who is going??!!??
Bradford away on a Tuesday night? No chance. Been there, seen it, done it, nearly got kicked in in their pub back in the early 90's, etc...
Fair enough, after that i wouldnt want to go back either
sad.gif

One of the funniest things we saw up there, though, was when we were leaving the ground, on the coach, there were a load of Asian youths (could say worse but don't want to get done for racist remarks) hanging around with snooker cues & bricks, threatening us!!!

'Absolutely - trouble is I've never been to Bradford before... anyone know any good pubs to meet in before the game? '

Most pubs will welcome away fans. Theres plenty within walking distance of the ground as it is right in the center of Bradford. A ten minute walk away on Bolton Road is the 'Corn Dolly' i do believe which welcomes away fans but is also popular with home supporters. I think most away fans head into the Town Center which is only a very short walk away.

You should probably avoid the 'Bradford Arms'. Although you would most likely get no trouble i heard something about a few Tottenham fans going in their a few years back when we were in the Premier$hite mouthing it off and getting put through a window. Ive had reports from away fans of City fans following them round in the town center looking for trouble but any you do get would most likely be from wannabee chavs who pretend to be hard. As far as im aware The Ointment keep it between the firms. You'll find the vast majority of fans welcoming though.

As for curry houses theres plenty of nice ones around and you never have to walk far to find one.
tounge.gif

Has a decision been made on where people are drinking? Shrimp on the wing - you mentioned wanting to meet up with fellow shrimp zoners - if you know where you're going to be let us know so Dreams and myself can meet up with you guys.

Does anybody know safe haven to park? Not lovin the comments about welcoming committees!

Hi, Not to sure as yet, still wondering, does any one know where to have a beverage?:
rock.gif

QUOTE FROM A BRADFORD FAN ON THE 606 MESSAGE BOARD!!

Unfortunately Bradfords ground is on the edge of the City and therefore not many decent pubs for you to frequent. If I were you I would head for Cartwright Hotel, it's a 5 min walk away from the ground. Just need to carry on walking up Manningham Rd away from the City and you will see it on your right before you reach Lister Park.

They serve food and away supporters are more than welcome. Other eateries would be McDonalds in the Forster Square, or if you fancy a 10 min walk into the City centre there are cheap and chearful curry houses behind the Alhambre theatre plus plenty of trendy bars etc. Although if you are wearing your club shirt you might not be allowed in to some.

QUOTE FROM A BRADFORD FAN ON THE 606 MESSAGE BOARD!!

From Footballgroundguide.co.uk

There is the Carlton pub which is only a few minutes walk from behind the Kop Stand. It does allow in away fans, but the pub is quite a basic one. There are also a couple of hotels with bars, all about a ten minute walk away. They are the Park & Cartwright hotels. Just continue to walk on the main road by the ground away from the town centre and at the traffic lights where the entrance to the park is, turn right and you will see them in a row on your right. Also about a ten minute walk away is the 'Corn Dolly' a good real ale pub on Bolton Road, but this has more of a home fan feel about it. Otherwise it is probably wise to drink in the centre or if you are feeling adventurous jump in a taxi and visit the Fighting **** in Preston St which serves excellent real ale and is quite a mecca for CAMRA members. Darren Middleton recommends Haigys Bar on Lumb Lane whilst Jamie Morgan adds; 'a new pub/curry house has just opened called The Valley. It is on Manningham Lane, only a short distance past the ground'.

I reckon the Cartwright Hotel sounds a good bet? Anyone? Also DREAMS/OLVIS what time to you reckon you will be in Bradford??

I'll leave the pub selection to you SOTW, as you seem to have researched it well!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Aug. 08 2005,21:27)]I'll leave the pub selection to you SOTW, as you seem to have researched it well!
wink.gif
Come on now, how else do you think i spend my days... ??
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Aug. 08 2005,13:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 08 2005,12:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ Aug. 08 2005,12:34)]I'll be there with OlvisIII. Leaving around 1ish from Huntingdon and driving. Not a clue what we will do once we are there but would be good to meet some fellow SZ members!!
Yeah that would be good. Its me and Whatever going and we dont know any S-Zoners either so we should meet up i reckon!
Sounds like a new clique brewing!

wow.gif
wink.gif
Can't believe SOTW and Whatever are planning on leaving the I-don't-know-any-SZers clique!

I actually find it reasonably amusing how well I feel like I know a lot of people on here and yet I think I've met one person who's registered on here!

As for where I'll be watching the game. I'll be lucky to get out of work before kick off. Might have to find a MW radio to catch the game on the way home.

Oh my God. That's horrific. I might actually get home as the game's finishing!!

sad.gif
ghostface.gif
down.gif

You have my sympathies sufcitp. I can't remember what it's like to work hours that long!
If there's one thing I hate more than the tension of listening to a game on the radio it's a game happening that I can't get any updates on!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 08 2005,21:08)]I reckon the Cartwright Hotel sounds a good bet? Anyone? Also DREAMS/OLVIS what time to you reckon you will be in Bradford??
Should be there about 6:00pm-6:30 all being well. Are you going to head towards the Cartwright hotel? What time are you boys gonna make it?

In the absence of SOTW I can answer that. I'm leaving from Shenfield at 1 all being well, so given time for a rest and a coffee halfway up the A1, we'll be there for about 6.00 - 6.30 as well, unless there's mega traffic, which to be fair there shouldn't be (touch wood!).
At the moment I think the plans are to go to the Cartwright, but I'm sure SOTW will correct me if I'm wrong....
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Aug. 08 2005,23:04)]In the absence of SOTW I can answer that. I'm leaving from Shenfield at 1 all being well, so given time for a rest and a coffee halfway up the A1, we'll be there for about 6.00 - 6.30 as well, unless there's mega traffic, which to be fair there shouldn't be (touch wood!).
At the moment I think the plans are to go to the Cartwright, but I'm sure SOTW will correct me if I'm wrong....
wink.gif
Sorry it was my Bed Time. Sounds good to me, no idea whats round there as ive never been so that sounds good! If we get there and it rubish im sure we can move on...
smile.gif

Back