• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best wishes to Col U

I used to do the same when I drove past RH but the breeze generated from my hand gesture kept making bits of the roof fall off lol.

In all seriousness, here in peace, hoping your troubles get sorted this month. Essex is needing its derby back though at least you have the Braintree games this coming season.

By the way RH does have good atmosphere, we had the same at LR, new stadiums are like new build homes, mostly devoid of soul

LR had a great atmosphere when we filled it up for you, no in all seriousness standing on railway sleepers was a joy.

LR had a great atmosphere when we filled it up for you, no in all seriousness standing on railway sleepers was a joy.

In many ways you have dodged a bullet by not getting a new stadium, upgrading Roots Hall will feel much more like home, than any shiny brand new ground. When a new stadium is built all the memories that were with the previous stadium feel tarnished especially if you come from a family of long time fans like I and many others do. No matter how hard people try to make it better things still feel hollow and not like they did before...........or maybe I am just getting old:Smile:

In many ways you have dodged a bullet by not getting a new stadium, upgrading Roots Hall will feel much more like home, than any shiny brand new ground. When a new stadium is built all the memories that were with the previous stadium feel tarnished especially if you come from a family of long time fans like I and many others do. No matter how hard people try to make it better things still feel hollow and not like they did before...........or maybe I am just getting old:Smile:

No, you are right, and you are getting old, like the rest of us.

Just a question, do we have more Colchester supporters on our Southend Forum than they do on their own. 👍

Just a question, do we have more Colchester supporters on our Southend Forum than they do on their own. 👍
No. Last time I looked, they had 23. Mind you, that was because they had a big game coming up.

Last edited:

There are a few of our fans on here, I only know one or two of them, but yes our club forums are much quieter than this one, many of our fans don’t post that often but the official forum has just under 10K members. 9900 away fans!

Myself and a fellow Shrimper had to go north of the county today, so took some time to wish our neighbours up the road some good luck.

Childish? Sure. Necessary? Absolutely

View attachment 32104
I always do the same. Drove past twice on Sunday in my way to and back from a classic car show on Clacton so they got a double dose of my middle finger.

Back