• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best place to get flights

• Thread starter Thread starter chapperzUK
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    para
Mate of mine has just gone over to OZ now with Singapore Airlines.He's staying for a month and has a stopover in Singapore for a couple of nights on the way over and the way back.

Sorry only just come across this. Assuming you are going economy another MASSIVE endorsement for Singapore Airlines. BA long haul economy is CACK though I'm flying back with them on Friday on an A380 just added to HK route. Even BA can't screw up a new plane surely. Done Emirates and Sing on these planes and Economy is awesome. Plane aside Sing are a shining beacon (and proper cutlery even on short haul).

Recommendations. If booking direct see if Sing are prepared to let you have a 24 or even 48 hour stopover. Try Expedia's Singapore site. For some reason it is better than other Expedia sites. You may well find a multi-leg option ie breaking by 24 hours is cheaper. You could even try adding the hotel through Expedia. If flying via Bangkok you can almost guarantee no, or minimal additional cost though check out the hotel before booking!

Just to be a little clearer Sing Air is fantastic whatever the plane they use. If I made a league table of long haul carriers BA would be way down the list whatever class you fly. Stopover is a must. You may even get a multi leg via HK (not Sing)

Thanks for the info ORM!

I can't book flights yet as the stopover period from April 2014 to March 2015 isn't available yet. Although I think I might still be able to book and add the stopover later.

Back