• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He looked like he could be a good player, nice touch and a few tricks, but he was far from actually showing he was a good player now.

People moan that we never take a chance on young players, yet are utterly indifferent to someone like Reeves who's proven himself to be capable on this stage.

Reeves, for my money, is exactly the kind of player we should be looking to target. He's available on a free and, with two years of regular senior football, has the potential to be worth a tidy sum. He's relatively quick, has good feet and has shown good intelligence on the wing. The anticipation he demonstrated to drift inside and latch onto Hurst's cross to send us to Wembley was first rate.

If he's interested in moving here and is willing to come in line with our wage structure, we could do considerably worse than Ben Reeves.

People moan that we never take a chance on young players, yet are utterly indifferent to someone like Reeves who's proven himself to be capable on this stage.

Reeves, for my money, is exactly the kind of player we should be looking to target. He's available on a free and, with two years of regular senior football, has the potential to be worth a tidy sum. He's relatively quick, has good feet and has shown good intelligence on the wing. The anticipation he demonstrated to drift inside and latch onto Hurst's cross to send us to Wembley was first rate.

If he's interested in moving here and is willing to come in line with our wage structure, we could do considerably worse than Ben Reeves.

Nail on the head.

Woud be a great signing but Im sure there are bigger clubs out there who will come in for him. Will always be a Southend Legend scoring the goal that got us to Wembley.

Agreed.

Dont see that he is the player some claim he is, if was that good he would have played more. However he showed class at times and Id certainly like to see him back to see how he develops.

Couldn't have put it better

This. He's clearly a class above, his touch is fantastic. He's small but that doesn't mean he won't be useful. If we could get him here on a standard wage on a year contract with an option of another it'd be a great piece of business.

If he was given the chance to play in a team that played football he would do well. Problem was last year he was bypassed by the constant hoofball we had to endure. If he has the ball at his feet he might have half a chance.

I thought he was decent. Let's be honest, if he has a great loan spell then we would have no chance of signing him. He is still young and has at least shown signs of having potential.

I just have this feeling that you may all be surprised next season , with all the new backroom staff and they not nobodies ,i think we will be playing football not hoofball and with some good new signings

Back