• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Played 28 mins all season forthe Saints. On one hand you could say they must rate him to have played him but then maybe with a change of management he wont be in the picture. Think he can do better than L2 personally.

How about L1 with us next season?

He has also made " Showboat ", on Soccer am, this week, and last week for his goal.
As I am exiled in Southampton, I had seen him play bit parts for Saints, and their academy has and still produces quality players. I think that he will be allowed to stay, certainly for the Final, and hopefully to the end of the season.
I went to both the finals at the Millenium Stadium, also went to the Southampton v`s Carlisle final, my father-in-law is a season ticket holder, my son was born in Southampton so he supports Saints, however, he has some interest in Southend United as well. He was the mascot for the Saints v`s Southend game, brilliant atmosphere created by the Southend fans that day, and we are held in high esteem in these parts.
I will also be going to Wembley with my son and my Father-in-law wants to come as well.
Up the Blues.

I was reading somewhere on here though that Southampton and Stoke fans were saying that Lund and Reeves won't be getting new offers.

I was reading somewhere on here though that Southampton and Stoke fans were saying that Lund and Reeves won't be getting new offers.
Yes, I'd heard that. I'd also read on Bristol Rovers forum that they had hopes of signing Lund following two loan spells with them. They must be a little peeved and perhaps worried that he's now with us

Then it is even more important for Southend to get promotion, because im sure we would be able to sign both REEVES and LUND should we be a div1 team.Still no one comments on MAYOR and his abilities.I also believe should we get promoted BILEL will stay,we would need him too in a higher division.No matter what a lot think of him as a person , ability wise Southend need him and i believe he will settle down and become a good team man, and then hopefully some of you supporters will get off his case .

Then it is even more important for Southend to get promotion, because im sure we would be able to sign both REEVES and LUND should we be a div1 team.Still no one comments on MAYOR and his abilities.I also believe should we get promoted BILEL will stay,we would need him too in a higher division.No matter what a lot think of him as a person , ability wise Southend need him and i believe he will settle down and become a good team man, and then hopefully some of you supporters will get off his case .

If we got Lund,Reeves and Mayor I think that would be a mjaor coup. Moshni im torn on. Lets us down as much as he helps us.

In reply to DTS, I understand where your coming from , but im hopeful that this seasons events have taught BILEL a lesson and some respect for our club and his fellow players.If so i believe he can settle down to become a very productive member of the club.If we do gain promotion ,im not being rude but Southend will need players of their calibre to survive in league one.

In reply to DTS, I understand where your coming from , but im hopeful that this seasons events have taught BILEL a lesson and some respect for our club and his fellow players.If so i believe he can settle down to become a very productive member of the club.If we do gain promotion ,im not being rude but Southend will need players of their calibre to survive in league one.

How many times have we hoped he has learnt his lesson now?

How many times have we hoped he has learnt his lesson now?

Yeah I honestly feel that it's a case of desperate times call for desperate measures with Mohsni. We all know that on a good day Bilel can be the best player on the pitch by a mile, be it with a colossal performance at the back or match-winning strikes such as Northampton away last season. But over and again we all ask ourselves is this worth it for all the other times he gets himself needlessly sent off or throws a tantrum mid game.

I'm starting to think its not coincidental that Paul Sturrock has brought Bilel back into the frame for the run-in. It's this period when performance levels become less important and it's all about churning out results. With this in mind he probably wants as many potential match winners in his side as possible. Add into the mix the loss of a key player in Timlin and you can also see why another key player could be required.

To me Reeves seems like the sort of player who will thrive on a decent pitch (more so that a player like Barry Corr) so he could be vital at Wembley.

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 @cubesy66 his loan expires after Tuesday

didn't realise it was so soon. :sad:

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982
Reeves :" It's out of my hands what will happen but if it was down to me then I'd choose to stay."

Let's all hope he gets his wish......................he's an important part of my promotion dream team.

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982
Ben Reeves is now trying to find his car as one of the players has moved it!!!

Is this a plan, by the players, to prevent him from leaving?

I sure hope that neither Luke Shaw or Danny Fox get injured/suspended for saints. He's been a quality player to this team since he's arrived.

Don't know whether others have seen this slightly worrying article.

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/02/26/ld-southampton-need-to-recall-league-two-star/

We haven't heard anything and I suppose there are three possibities.

1) He will go back to Saints

2) He will resign this week in order to play against Rotherham

3) He will resign in a given number of days thus ensuring that he can stay with us until the end of the season

If it is three, does anyone know the likely date he will resign?

Don't know whether others have seen this slightly worrying article.

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/02/26/ld-southampton-need-to-recall-league-two-star/

We haven't heard anything and I suppose there are three possibities.

1) He will go back to Saints

2) He will resign this week in order to play against Rotherham

3) He will resign in a given number of days thus ensuring that he can stay with us until the end of the season

If it is three, does anyone know the likely date he will resign?

Fortunately for us, I am confident it will be your option 3. The downside is that If that the case, I believe (due to league rules) he will now miss three games.

Loanee shortage with absence of Reeves and the injury disappearance of Lavery. Time for Mayor to come upto the plate, rather better than he appeared to do against Wycombe and his brief appearance last night. He looked promising in that opening game, where he made a cameo first-half appearance...............perhaps he needs a five hour drive before playing. :winking:

Cant see saints really needing him. Good little player but not ready for that stage yet IMHO.

Back