• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southampton Shrimper

Team Eggheads
This young man has earned himself a place in Southend history by scoring the goal that took us to Wembley in such dramatic fashion. Surely he deserves the chance to have his loan extended, to give him the chance to play in the JPT Final? And it wouldn't seem to do our chances in the League too much harm either, from the little I have seen of him.

He said in yesterday's Echo that he wants to stay longer, and there's an article about him in today's Southern Daily Echo which says that Paul Sturrock is expected to contact Saints shortly to ask about it, so let's hope they can get it sorted.

Certainly! I was sceptical about him when he signed, very sceptical, but I'm quite happy to have been proved wrong in this instance. Would be delighted if he can stay longer, both he and Lund have proved pretty astute loan signings.

I am sure we will extend his loan as he has been fantastic in what I have seen. He seems happy enough and I imagine with Wembley 44 days away it makes sense for all parties.

Cant see any of the loaness wanting to go back given they could play in a final at Wembley.

Not sure how long we can extend for?

I would like to see him stay, has impressed with his skill and looks a tricky player and his haircut of course.

To the tune of The Specials' Rudy :

" stop your messing around,
gotta think of the future,
Reeveseeeey, he put the ball in the net Reeeveseeey"

An inspired ditty last herad at about midnight in The Railway on Tuesday.

Every day should be the 20th February

The experience of playing at Wembley can only be good for him and Southampton so why wouldnt they allow his loan to be extended till the end of the season, that goes for Lund and Stoke City, no one has spoken anything about Mayor, was he unlucky to be left out of the side, i have no idea on his ability except that people were saying he looked the part when he first played in sufc shirt.

David Pleat reckoned he was the absolute best loan signing in the window.

I'd love him to stay for the season.

I watched him on Wednesday, he is all class ,i would love him to stay ,full stop.Cant see it happening though, think he would be too far out of our budget range.But hopefully he will stay till the end of the season, play at Wembley and remember Southend with much love and fondness for the rest of his life.

Quality player, always seems to find space and for a little bloke he puts himself about a bit aswell! Definitely think we will keep him as long as possible and he will play at wembley.

Out of contract in the summer I believe.

Played 28 mins all season forthe Saints. On one hand you could say they must rate him to have played him but then maybe with a change of management he wont be in the picture. Think he can do better than L2 personally.

Back