• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Barnet vs Southend United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very difficult to watch first half and i'm still not convinced with our keepers kicking, which constantly puts us under pressure and was the build up to their goal.

We need a big 2nd half now with the attacking performance similar to Hartlepool (but with a goal or 2).

The turnout of Barnet fans is absolutely shocking - beyond tinpot. How lucky those (very) few are to have a competently run football club for the past couple of decades and a chairman worth a few hundred mill.

Must be watching a different game to everyone else, I thought we had a decent half there (the 35 minutes we got to see on NLTV anyway). Barnet have edged it but they're favourites to win the league, we were never going to be all over them. We've held our own and there's been pinball in their box a couple of times that could have fallen to anyone. You can't play attacking football against a side like Barnet but we look dangerous on the counter and chances will come in the second half.
The problem is that some can't wait to put the boot in on here. Not a brilliant display but nowhere near meriting some of the comments. Let's see what the second half brings.

Must be watching a different game to everyone else, I thought we had a decent half there (the 35 minutes we got to see on NLTV anyway). Barnet have edged it but they're favourites to win the league, we were never going to be all over them. We've held our own and there's been pinball in their box a couple of times that could have fallen to anyone. You can't play attacking football against a side like Barnet but we look dangerous on the counter and chances will come in the second half.
Must admit I’m listening to the BBC commentary- assuming they are there and they seem to be consistently suggesting we have been under the cosh for extended periods and second best- be delighted if you’re right and they’re being unduly negative… in the end it’s only 1-0 so al to play for

Absolute embarrassment of a performance, they look like Brazil, we look like the clueless of ideas Dagenham girl pipers.
6 skilful forward thinking players needed and a coach with sn idea of how to play football
Just the 6? 🫣

Colin...poor kick. Which he often does.
No kensdale=our best footballer in the back three, meaning our ability to pass out from the back as usual is non existent coupled with a good high aggressive press from Barnet.
Poor possession in general.
Coker looks way out of his depth.

Some of these reactions are laughable. Plenty of play in their half. Not as fluent as we’d like - against a strong Barnet side - but we’re a long way from being out of this match. Second half we’re attacking our end instead of the car park and grass verge.

Only true comment above is about their manager. Get a grip lads.
In one's defence, I'll repeat 'sounds'...as in BBC comments.

Colin...poor kick. Which he often does.
No kensdale=our best footballer in the back three, meaning our ability to pass out from the back as usual is non existent coupled with a good high aggressive press from Barnet.
Poor possession in general.
Coker looks way out of his depth.
Which demands a plan B?

Absolute embarrassment of a performance, they look like Brazil, we look like the clueless of ideas Dagenham girl pipers.
6 skilful forward thinking players needed and a coach with sn idea of how to play football
Have a day off @wiggy for God's sake. There will be plenty of time for your rhetoric, if needed, at full time.

Collin looks very unusually nervous, on and off the ball. Weird as Barnet aren’t putting him under too much pressure either.

I’m a fan of Waldron but he’s not offered much more than running around, not that he’s had much service. Trying to do too much through the middle and just looking hurried and uncomfortable, when all our success is coming down the flanks when we do go for it and get the ball to Bridge/GSM to try to carry it.

Can't believe some of the ridiculous comments here (well, I can, actually).

We're 1 goal down to a great strike (even though I still think Collin could have done better). I don't think we've been played off the park at all. Our attack needs to be more clinical in its build up, more unpredictable, but this is an area still be in development and we all know it.

To say we're awful, or looking as unfit as a Sunday league team, is completely over the top.

We are beyond boring to watch. No spark whatsoever. Get Moncur on asap probably only central midfielder we have with any attacking intent or quality.

Must admit I’m listening to the BBC commentary- assuming they are there and they seem to be consistently suggesting we have been under the cosh for extended periods and second best- be delighted if you’re right and they’re being unduly negative… in the end it’s only 1-0 so al to play for
Haven't got the BBC commentary - but I don't recognise that from the stream I'm watching. Barnet just edging it for me, but a tight game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back