• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Atmosphere at Stadium of Light

I was sitting about 5 rows behind him and his mates, he was lucky not to get thrown out really at least twice stewards had try and get him to sit down.

I thought it was hilarious when he had his belly out and all the Sunderland fans where cheering!

I was sitting about 5 rows behind him and his mates, he was lucky not to get thrown out really at least twice stewards had try and get him to sit down.

I thought it was hilarious when he had his belly out and all the Sunderland fans where cheering!

That did make me laugh; he even got told to put his belly away :)

He had a point though, i think that he was pointing at all the Sunderland supporters and arguing that why are they allowed to stand up and he can’t

I went to the beach at Roker this morning and got chatting to some Sunderland fans, they were really pleasant. Apparently the local radio station was saying we looked totally overawed playing in a big stadium with such an intimidating atmosphere. That was their best win for sometime so their fans were euphoric. Most of the people up here are very nice, but no doubt there's a few **** heads like at any club. I thought that the atmosphere was fantastic better than when I've had opportunity to visit Old Trafford for England games.

I went to the beach at Roker this morning and got chatting to some Sunderland fans, they were really pleasant. Apparently the local radio station was saying we looked totally overawed playing in a big stadium with such an intimidating atmosphere. That was their best win for sometime so their fans were euphoric. Most of the people up here are very nice, but no doubt there's a few **** heads like at any club. I thought that the atmosphere was fantastic better than when I've had opportunity to visit Old Trafford for England games.

I was on the beach at Rocker today as well and took a walk along that pier thing.........got chatting with some Sunderland supporters and got exactly the same feedback.

We were not in the same class as them at all..................but we will be :)

apologies

It's a shame that some of your lot fell foul of what is becoming a bit of Sunderland disease - young ****holes who think that part of the matchday experience should include battering visiting fans. Thankfully they don't travel to away games.

best of luck

It's a shame that some of your lot fell foul of what is becoming a bit of Sunderland disease - young ****holes who think that part of the matchday experience should include battering visiting fans. Thankfully they don't travel to away games.

best of luck
Someone pointed out that the pierpressure bloke may be a mag... he is a new joiner. Personally, had no problems with any of the Mackems - apart from the ones who took us apart on the playing surface...

:cry:

Best of luck fellas, no reason why you can't go up this season.

Cheers,

Matt

Someone pointed out that the pierpressure bloke may be a mag... he is a new joiner. Personally, had no problems with any of the Mackems - apart from the ones who took us apart on the playing surface...

:cry:

Best of luck fellas, no reason why you can't go up this season.

Cheers,

Matt

Here Here............I spent the weekend and match day night with a pub full of Sunderland Supporters at the Rocker Hotel and they were superb.

I did not have to buy a drink all night long.

Fab Ground

Fab Fans

Fab Team (unfortunately)

Unfortunately you do get a few ****heads all over the country. I hope it didn't spoil your day or weekend, and the girls wear Mini-Skirts what ever the weather up here. Yum Yum. :)

I thought that the atmosphere was fantastic better than when I've had opportunity to visit Old Trafford for England games.

You should have seen it for the powder-keg that was the England v Turkey game a few years back. 48,000 sell-out (less whatever they needed for segregation - Turkey were still in the away-end section where we were on Sat). The whole place was jumping. Saturday's atmosphere seemed almost morgue like compared to that!

Unfortunately you do get a few ****heads all over the country. I hope it didn't spoil your day or weekend, and the girls wear Mini-Skirts what ever the weather up here. Yum Yum. :)

Agree with that.
10 lasses got on Metro next stop past the SofL station & got off at Gateshead. They brightened the evening for a dejected SUFC fan with their lack of warm coats, clothes in general :D

Me a mag? :fart:

No born and bred Grays. Okay I`m not a lifelong Southend fan but they`ve always been the team whose results I look for. And especially so since Freddie joined.

Look I know most Sunderland fans are great. They were good sports back in August after the game.

But we did get jumped on Saturday near the town centre.

What about the atmosphere amongst us?

It was ****. Just because we went behind to two early goals we needed to get behind the boys as we COULD have pulled it back. We did have a couple of chances.

I got the impresson there were an awful lot of Shrimpers fans there expecting us to win easily and that we were world beaters after the QPR game.

NOT!

Spot on. Whilst we've created a great atmosphere at some of the less glamourous away trips - particularly the midweek/Friday night games like Barnsley, Birmingham, Luton etc when we've only take a small following - the atmosphere at the big away games has generally been pretty muted.

So what if we concede an early goal, keep singing and getting behind the team and try and inspire them to an equaliser. A comprehensive defeat was always on the cards for this one. Keane has turned Sunderland into one of the best teams in this division and rather than underestimate us like Birmingham, Cardiff etc who'd already turned us over, Sunderland had a point to prove and we were due a defeat.

Back