• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Atmosphere at Stadium of Light

Blues Trader

First XI
I'm posting this from Newcastle. It's going to be a lovely sunny day today.

My view of yesterday was that we got totally ripped apart at the back and we wont be getting many points away from home unless we tighten up. We definitely look more solid with Barret at the back. First goal was a gift.

With regards to S O L, incredible atmosphere, the roar when Sunderland went forward or scored was deafening. I haven't experienced anything like that before.It must have been quite intimidating.To top it all, Sunderland fans started doing a Mexican wave which went right round the ground. They certainly are passionate about their football in the North East. And it's true was ****ing freezing last night and you saw people out in T shirts!!

I didnt get to go yesterday, but I am not surprised the atmosphere was amazing, the most deafening roar I have every experienced was away at Forest last season, when they scored I have never felt so intimidated!!

What about the atmosphere amongst us?

It was ****. Just because we went behind to two early goals we needed to get behind the boys as we COULD have pulled it back. We did have a couple of chances.

I got the impresson there were an awful lot of Shrimpers fans there expecting us to win easily and that we were world beaters after the QPR game.

NOT!

It was ****. Just because we went behind to two early goals we needed to get behind the boys as we COULD have pulled it back. We did have a couple of chances.

I got the impresson there were an awful lot of Shrimpers fans there expecting us to win easily and that we were world beaters after the QPR game.

NOT!

Slighty unfair comments .Although I wasnt there I did listen to it on the radio and we were well beaten by a superior side as Tilly himself admited. The fact that close on to 800 went on an 11 hour trip (for most and i think that is admirable) I heard our fans singing many times. I Hoped for a decent result but alas was not to be. Tuesday is a very important game now as are all our home games. I just hope the Injury situation is not the problem we suffer with now.

I'm posting this from Newcastle. It's going to be a lovely sunny day today.

My view of yesterday was that we got totally ripped apart at the back and we wont be getting many points away from home unless we tighten up. We definitely look more solid with Barret at the back. First goal was a gift.

With regards to S O L, incredible atmosphere, the roar when Sunderland went forward or scored was deafening. I haven't experienced anything like that before.It must have been quite intimidating.To top it all, Sunderland fans started doing a Mexican wave which went right round the ground. They certainly are passionate about their football in the North East. And it's true was ****ing freezing last night and you saw people out in T shirts!!

Thought the Sunderland fans were a set of ****ers. A Mexican Wave? Bloody hell. What a set of planks.
No wonder Newcastle fans laugh at them.

A bit harsh there methinks! Perhaps they did the wave because they were bored! The fans I spoke to seemed decent enough people, all the pre-pubescent teenagers were mouthing off but you get that anywhere you go these days.

Whatever, the noise was certainly impressive when they attacked / scored, although they weren't exactly the most vocal fans I've experienced (special 'commendation' for the ten or so kids to the right of the away section, at least they were trying!)

A bit harsh there methinks! Perhaps they did the wave because they were bored! The fans I spoke to seemed decent enough people, all the pre-pubescent teenagers were mouthing off but you get that anywhere you go these days.

Whatever, the noise was certainly impressive when they attacked / scored, although they weren't exactly the most vocal fans I've experienced (special 'commendation' for the ten or so kids to the right of the away section, at least they were trying!)

Worst set off fans I`ve ever known. A few of our lot were jumped going towards town centre over the bridge,

sunderland fans were very very loud. it was a great atmosphere. only thing is it was only that corner that really sung and they were soooooooooooo loud. imagine if the rest of the stadium was loud as them. s o l is a a very nice stadium. in my opinion sunderland were a really well organised team. if they play like that every week they should deffinately get promotion!

NOT!

I got the impression that there was a awful lot of our players who thought they were world beaters after the QPR result and that we were now safely in mid-table

The atmosphere wasn't that great at all. As mentioned only the corner by the away end did ANY singing, the rest of the ground was as quiet as a mouse unless they scored. Oh and half the crowd had left with about 5-10 mins to go so they are really hardcore fans aren't they!

yeh could not believe that only about a third of their fans left at end of game. Whatever was it like when they were losing. Thought it might be because the ground was a mare to get away from, but it was easy compared to most of the grounds we have been to

yeh could not believe that only about a third of their fans left at end of game. Whatever was it like when they were losing. Thought it might be because the ground was a mare to get away from, but it was easy compared to most of the grounds we have been to

It was cos they wanted to be ready to ambush us. About 10 of us got jumped near town centre. And I heard of problems for others at Newcastle at the station.

The atmosphere wasn't that great at all. As mentioned only the corner by the away end did ANY singing, the rest of the ground was as quiet as a mouse unless they scored. Oh and half the crowd had left with about 5-10 mins to go so they are really hardcore fans aren't they!

i could not believe that when i saw that. it was actually about 10 mins to go and a good few thousand were off. that was terrible! we were 4 nil down and not that many of our fans went!

We left with a few minutes left of the game and I couldn't believe how many Sunderland fans were leaving the ground!

The atmosphere was good probably the best at an away game I've been to so far this season.

Yeah but thats the same in most grounds there is normally only one area that generates an atmosphere although occasionaly yesterday both corners were singing.

I still thought it was the loudest ground I've been to so far this season along with WHL, compare that with the morgues that were Leicester, West Brom, Derby etc.

Well for me I thought the ground was amazing, the game was **** (from our point of view) and our supporters had the stuffing kicked out of them after 5 mins.

But love him or hate him the guy fat guy with the red hat did keep going all through the game even after being told to sit down

Anyone know who he is??

Back