• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andy Edwards

Wahaaaaay. we have a central defender with height and a footballing brain ! See ya Leon !

Looks like the perfect description of a 'solid' signing.

Can't see how there would be room in the squad for Cort, Warren, Edwards and Hunt though.
rock.gif

Sounds like a good signing, never saw him before at the Hall.

Nice to see we are getting some depth in the squad, with at least 1 player being able to cover a different position.

Great news... may I be the first to welcome Edwards back with an "EEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaagalllllllllllllllllll" :-D

Can easily cover right-back too, great signing Tilly, even if he is 32.

I'd say the defence is lookin quite tasty now.

Jupp/Edwards    Cort/Warren/Edwards    Nicloau

Competion for places at the back. A good Goalkeeper to chalenge Flahavan, another striker and IMO a left winger and job done.

Problem is, I always remember Edwards playing for us as a right back so I cant imagin him as a center back  
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ May 17 2004,23:06)]I'd say the defence is lookin quite tasty now.

Competion for places at the back. A good Goalkeeper to chalenge Flahavan, another striker and IMO a left winger and job done.

Problem is, I always remember Edwards playing for us as a left back so I cant imagin him as a center back  
rock.gif
Hang on...

Right back

Jupp/Wilson

Centre

Cort/Edwards/Warren/Jupp/Hunt

Left back

Nicolau/Wilson

Always assuming that Cort, Warren and Hunt sign.

Strength in depth certainly. Bit weak on the left if Nicolau is injured.

Edwards almost certainly won't have the pace to be a full back these days.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ May 17 2004,23:06)]I'd say the defence is lookin quite tasty now.

Problem is, I always remember Edwards playing for us as a right back so I cant imagin him as a center back  
rock.gif
He played centre-back for us quite a bit actually (I'm sure some of the stat-heads can back it up!) - but the point is in the years since he left (7/8?) he has played centre-back for Birmingham, P'Boro and Rushden, so its far from unfamiliar for him.

Nice to have versatility anyway :-)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 18 2004,08:11)]He was captain at Peterborough as well, so yes... does look like we have a captain... maybe no matter if Maher stays or goes.
Smart move by Tilly covering his options?

I think so

biggrin.gif

Back