• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread AFC Fylde v Southend United, Tuesday 17th September K/O 7:45pm

Starting XI and result

• Total voters
Won't happen but post woods goal making (thought i might be the only one voting for him!) and the lack of players plus the commentary related how to get the most out of pebble... I'm going with this.. which is a pretty solid team with attacking width with strong full backs offering defensive cover and attacking support, connection from defence to attack, plenty of attacking support and creativity around the box. I'd love to see this happen and maybe Maher can still employ similar tactics but have more attacking people forward.

Colin

Gus. Taylor. Crowther. Ralph

Miley. Appiah Forson

Woods. Moncur. Bridge

Pebble

Subs
Hilson
Gubbins
Wind
Morton
Noor
Coker
Waldron if fit

Last edited:
Team selection will be really interesting over the next few games. We've operated with a small settled squad for a couple of years and have stuck religiously to a 5-3-2 where everyone knows their role, and also knows other people's roles too in case they need to step in.
But we've seen more personnel changes in recent weeks than we have in a long while and key players in that formation - Kensdale was particularly suited to it - are now not available. Will we stick with 3-5-2 and slot players in, or will we look at what we have available and go down a different route? For instance I think Crowther and Gubbins would be a strong centre half pairing at this level. I also wonder if GSM would work playing slightly further forwards.

They won't change anything today as they've been presumably training a 3-5-2 all week, so:
Collin
GSM, Taylor, Crowther, Ralph, Bridge
Wood, Morton (if Miley not fit), Husin
Moncur, Pepple

But how's about:
Collin
Taylor, Crowther, Gubbins, Ralph
GSM, Morton, Husin
Wood, Pepple, Moncur

Husin is fitter than Moncur.

Is Bridge injured?

Has MacDonald’s registration been sorted yet?
All good questions only kev and Co know the answers tbh, on Husin they said they would bring him back slowly so there is that though! re Bridge he may not be injured now, but in my opinion hasn't really delivered , could it be a disrupted pre season for him, so may not be fully match fit.

Collin
Taylor, Crowther, Ralph
GSM, Husin, Miley, Morton, Bridge
Moncur
Pepple
KAF on the bench given his limited time with the squad I reckon, unless Miley is injured.

Not verified but my mate says he's just seen Coker out shopping - on crutches and wearing a heavy leg brace
That's the same as I heard from a guy at work. His son is a good mate of Oli's as they grew up together. He saw him in the week wearing a protective boot & he said he's going for a scan. Didn’t sound that good.

Back