• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread AFC Fylde v Southend United, Tuesday 17th September K/O 7:45pm

Starting XI and result

• Total voters
Who would trust weekend train travel to be on time, that's when they do maintenance isn't it?
Come on Blues, get your finger out and start doing things right, after all these years of doing the wrong thing with that div, we deserve better. As fans we would get there earlier than they planned too!
What's next, turning up at the wrong ground....

That may be the truth of it but crowds won't be sustained if the norm is a mid table finish and existence is viewed as success.

As for today.

It's simple, coach for games within a 100 mile radius (which is most) and an overnight stay for games over 100 miles.

No way should the clubs players be travelling that distance on the day.
Agree entirely. The future looks bleak. So glad I was able to watch the Blues during the 60s through to the millenium when things were so different before a squalid little small time 'property developer' got his grubby asset stripping paws on the club we all love.

That may be the truth of it but crowds won't be sustained if the norm is a mid table finish and existence is viewed as success.

As for today.

It's simple, coach for games within a 100 mile radius (which is most) and an overnight stay for games over 100 miles.

No way should the clubs players be travelling that distance on the day.
100 miles? That's only couple of hours travel time.

Think it should just be on a case by case basis taking into account travel time by various means of transport and cost.

I’ve been travelling to games by train for 25+ years and I’ve never been stuck on a train that has to be evacuated

Do you really think it’s worthwhile incurring the additional expense and inconvenience because of a once in a 25 year event?

I've never been on a train that has been evacuated but I've had numerous trains cancelled and had to wait an hour or two for the next one. Also several trains over an hour late on arrival. So more time needs to be allowed for team journeys.

Alli would ask is people start thinking this through logically. The emotional is getting in the way.
The only amateurish thing would be staying in a hotel overnight if we cannot afford it. Is the train cheaper. Obviously yes. Maybe we got a deal through C2C. If so good business. Do the sports scientists say it is better to travel 270 odd miles on the day by train or coach than stay overnight. Don't ask me I'm not a sports scientist but they will know. If it's the former we are amateurish. What are the statistical probabilities of a total power breakdown on a national intercity rail line between stations so the chances of being decanted to coaches is nil. Pretty unlikely I'd say. But if likely we're amateurish. Is the national rail service efficient. My experience is yes. If no then we're amateurish.What if the coach isn't there to take us the 10 miles to AFC Fylde. If we've arranged it properly it will be there.
All in all sometimes **** happens. I cannot see where the club is at fault. Annoying yes, amateurish no. We might even have saved enough money to pay off another debt. You never know.
Just out of interest were there earlier trains they could have got?

Flew in a couple of days ago, got my tickets, drove to Fylde. So very disappointed to get there to find out the game was cancelled. Even more surprised to find out the reason why. If I'm honest, I was surprised that they didn't come up yesterday and stay over night to prepare for the game. Maybe I'm a little naive, or that's the reality of being in the NL. Chatted with a couple of fellow "Shrimper" fans had a free pint courtesy of JR and driving back down. Have tickets for Oldham and Eastleigh. Hope they take an earlier train next Saturday.

Was one hour away from Fylde when heard it was called. So into the home end at Accie against our 6 fingered friends. The standard was pretty shocking I have to say.

It was terrible. Watched it. Some of the national league teams are head and shoulders above that shower

Back