• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A Bit of Fun AFC Fylde 0-26 Southend United

Towards the end, it was almost like a powercut, the team was like a train unable to continue due to being out of energy. Good result, gets our season back on the rails.

I notice Barnet won 7-0 today. Surely that's a wind up too.......? But no, c'est vrai monsieur....

Last edited:
Can’t understand why Johnny Herd wasn’t playing today. His long throw could have been the difference.

Flavs, rooted to his line time and time again.

Thought Peter Clarke showed exactly why he is worth every penny of £4K per week. He marshalled everything and didn’t grab/pull/push his man once.

Paul Byrne didn’t come out of the bar after HT, which comes across as very unprofessional.

Still, a win is a win. We’ll take it and move on. Long trip home now, but looking forward to watching the SZ Eggheads episode tonight… it is definitely on tonight, isn’t it?

On another note, I’d like to mention and give a big thanks to Wayne (head of hospitality) at AFC Fylde for giving me and three other shrimpers a great tour of the ground. They really do have an amazing set up up there. The bar the home fans have behind the goal is really nice. To think they had that whilst they was in the NLN speaks volumes of their chairman’s vision.
He owns the whole estate there so obviously that brings in a lot of revenue which he has clearly put straight back into the club. I will definitely be going up for the re arranged fixture.

Last edited:
On another note, I’d like to mention and give a big thanks to Wayne (head of hospitality) at AFC Fylde for giving me and three other shrimpers a great tour of the ground. They really do have an amazing set up up there. The bar the home fans have behind the goal is really nice. To think they had that whilst they was in the NLS speaks volumes of their chairman’s vision.
He owns the whole estate there so obviously that brings in a lot of revenue which he has clearly put straight back into the club. I will definitely be going up for the re arranged fixture.
Their owner’s estate must stretch over the best part of 100 miles if they were in the NLS.

On another note, I’d like to mention and give a big thanks to Wayne (head of hospitality) at AFC Fylde for giving me and three other shrimpers a great tour of the ground. They really do have an amazing set up up there. The bar the home fans have behind the goal is really nice. To think they had that whilst they was in the NLS speaks volumes of their chairman’s vision.
Yes, it's a great set up. It's like a half scale version of a Championship level stadium - small but perfectly formed. Funky floodlights too. Plenty of room for expansion when they reach the EFL as well.

Back