• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it quite important in life though, especially if you are coming on our board and trying to make a point. Not sure any of us expect you to roll over, always a tough game at your place, but with our new signings in place we should be good enough to win. But, we always seem to struggle against the smaller sides in the league and im probably right that Accy are the smallest by a long stretch. Good luck for the season, but not Saturday.

THIS, we are particular on OUR board, we are from the posh part of Essex :winking:

They will, though, be without influential MF Michael Timlin (31) for 3 months after he dislocated an elbow in a game against Spurs; he also missed a big part of 2012/13 with a broken leg …………….not the luckiest guy around then …

Very unlucky, not only suffering 2 bad injuries but also seems to have aged an extra 2 years! Life is tough for Timmo.

HTML:
Are you thinking of Aldershot? Accrington was a waterlogged pitch.

Mind you Accrington's floodlights are pretty poor I'm not sure how they pass Football League recommended Lux levels? At least we wont need Floodlights this Saturday. Just hope the rain holds off!
Qdear wedo seem upset about silly things :stunned: new lights gone up over the summer just for you :winking: waterlogged pitch!! Cant remember a waterlogged pitch when playing you. Weather wise warm n sunny peeps.Dont exspect to get rolled over by you shrimpers think it'l be tight but a win for the red men 2-1 :happy:

Neither can we, that's why we were so surprised when it was called off an hour before kick-off when we hadn't seen a drop of rain all day!

Blimey. that is difficult to read.

I think we'll beat them. I expect to see Thompson and Prosser at the back. Hurst, Leonard, Atkinson & Worrall across the midfield and BBBC and Weston up front.

Don't think Worrall will play. He played earlier this week for the reserves.

Very unlucky, not only suffering 2 bad injuries but also seems to have aged an extra 2 years! Life is tough for Timmo.

That'll be the time inside. I've heard it prematurely ages people.

Just a quick note off topic - but if you leave Accrington heading north and the turn east (i.e. Skipton direction) you can follow part of the Yorkshire Tour (known by some as the Tour de Yorkshire) through some brilliant countryside and towns/villages - even if it is bucketing down! :unsure:

I was feeling quite sorry for Lootown having to travel to Carlisle but I see that their journey is only 20 miles longer than ours to Accers! :'(

[video=youtube;eOMZgWSOzJU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOMZgWSOzJU&feature=em-subs_digest[/video]

Yeah, No, Definitely.

I cant remember the last time I missed the first away game of the season, but tomorrow will be the first in a long time

If I was a betting man I would put it on a 2-1 win with Stanley to score first early in the first half.

I absolutely love the picture the club has put on facebook. The aging and haggard looking Mr Brown, looking back at the angelic, features of a very smartly dressed Mr Beattie. You'd think it was an Op Yewtree pic out the Sun.

Does anyone know of any away support bars close the ground? I figured I might as well drive up - have no excuse really!

Does anyone know of any away support bars close the ground? I figured I might as well drive up - have no excuse really!

Do you mean a pub? The Crown is 10 yards from the ground but is always busy (as you would expect) - otherwise see the thread from a couple of weeks ago.

It's friendly - like the old days before the ********s got themselves involved in football and violence - I've never seen any trouble there (except on the pitch :'() so just pick a pub you like the look of although all clubs (including Southend) have their idiots that are best avoided .....

@SUFCRootsHall: Blues XI > Bentley, White, Bolger, Prosser, Coker, Hurst, Clifford, Leonard, Coulthirst, Corr, Weston

Stong side. 442 or 433?

No Atko is a surprise, I thought we would be 442 as it is a very small pitch however it is an attacking line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back